Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2015, 10:21 AM   #1

Another GFI location question

2003 Damon Daybreak 30'

I suddenly have no power over the sink and dinette area. Tested and switched off and on all breakers. Reset GFI in bathroom. Anyone know another location for a GFI receptacle in this unit? I have checked each receptacle I'm aware of for a GFI breaker. Only one I can find is in bathroom and that's a different circuit. Have power in BR, bath and plugs in drivers area and overhead storage where TV plugs in. Outside receptacle is not the breaker but is on same circuit I suppose since it's not working either.

Thanks in advance.
bvaughn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2015, 01:13 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Check in the outside refrigerator compartment, it could be the GFI outlet. Any outlets in an overhead cabinet or the TV area?

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #3

I checked in the TV plugs area overhead in the front and they have power. Unfortunately I don't have a refrigerator compartment in this unit. Looked in the bay where shore power comes in and next to the convertor/charger and didn't see one. I know there is one somewhere on board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Check in the outside refrigerator compartment, it could be the GFI outlet. Any outlets in an overhead cabinet or the TV area?
Old 03-18-2015, 01:29 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvaughn4 View Post
I checked in the TV plugs area overhead in the front and they have power. Unfortunately I don't have a refrigerator compartment in this unit. Looked in the bay where shore power comes in and next to the convertor/charger and didn't see one. I know there is one somewhere on board!
If your refrigerator is a typical RV refrigerator, it uses 12 v for the logic board and LP gas and 120 v power for cooling when on shore power. That connection is the one I suggested might be the GFI. Also, some units have a hidden outlet for the microwave, perhaps that's the GFI.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:15 PM   #5

Sorry I misunderstood Bob, thought you meant a freezer in the basement. My fridge and microwave are both working off shore power. I know there's a GFI receptacle I'm missing somewhere. Sure seems like it should be in plain sight to ease resetting!

Tags
cat