RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2016, 06:58 PM   #113

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
I might not be on topic here.... We have found that hanging a curtain just behind the front driver and passenger's seat makes a big difference in keeping the cool in the living area during the summer and heat in the area during the fall and winter. Also we keep it closed while driving and the chassis' A/C and heater then keep us comfortable.

SteveOGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2016, 11:03 AM   #114

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehc View Post
We bought the Magna Shades a couple of years ago and have been very pleased with them. Easy to put up and take down. We did the windshield and driver's and passengers side windows. Can't comment on self installation as we had them installed at the factory in NC.
I think I saw pictures of your unit with the shades installed on the Magna Shade web site - very clean installation.

Thanks for the feedback.

Avanti2806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:30 PM   #115

Damon Owners Club
I made my own windshield shade out of Phifertex (from Sailrite.com). This material allows you to see outside but folks cannot see inside (except at night when lights are on in coach). Also made an awning sun/wind shade out of same material. These were very easy to make. I can provide more detail and photos to any that need it.

Another question. I have a serious leak at the sliding window on both driver and passenger side. I just put on several layers of duct tape to stop it but this is only a temporary fix as you need to be able to open the windows sometimes. Yesterday, I bought a gutter extension and installed these on right and left front, along with a rubber gutter that I installed between the awning and gutter extension. These helped very much on the flow (it has really been raining here) but there were still leaks which is why I used the duct tape. Any ideas? Do any of you have this problem?
Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:56 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshepherd View Post
I am looking for an Avanti 3106 to purchase. Would prefer a 2011 or newer, I want the cummins. If you know of one please contact me at 435-632-9075.

thank you
This is way late but I hope you found what you were looking for and have enjoyed it. We're in the process of looking for the same rv and hope to learn from your experience.
Theresa
tmcfaul1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 08:32 PM   #117

Can anyone tell me if the drivers seat can move up and down for shorter people? Thanks

Balto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum