RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2011, 04:39 AM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Shellback1
Back up camera died

About 2 months ago the ADTH camera monitor went white and flickering. As I drove at times it would work for a few seconds. Now that I'm home I tried another monitor same problem. Checking continuity from the camera back to the monitor plug, showed 2 of the 4 wires open. I pulled the camera wire out from top where it feeds into the RV and after about 4' there was a plug that was taped. I removed the tape and cleaned the connections, re taped and the monitor works fine. Glad I didn't have to trace or try to re-feed a new cable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0330111426a.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	283.6 KB
ID:	9113  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #2

I had the same issue on mine. Reconnected the cable and the camera returned to operation but the microphone is still missing in action. I've double-checked the cable's connection at the camera pigtail and at the monitor to no benefit. I can live without it I guess.

195pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Hmmmm, I wonder if that is why my microphone does not work anymore?
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Shellback1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC1BUD View Post
Hmmmm, I wonder if that is why my microphone does not work anymore?

Most likely yes. First my camera went and would work sometimes, the audio would work all the time until about 3 days after and then nothing worked. The pins on the connector are really thin and not long at all, a really poor connection. Try pulling out the connector and reconnect it to see if your audio returns.

Good luck.

Ron
Old 04-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #5

Had the same problem it would go all fuzzy then I would turn off then on it would work for awhile found wire loose back at the camera hard wired it no problems as of yet over one year

R. Homeier
homey54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback1 View Post
Most likely yes. First my camera went and would work sometimes, the audio would work all the time until about 3 days after and then nothing worked. The pins on the connector are really thin and not long at all, a really poor connection. Try pulling out the connector and reconnect it to see if your audio returns.

Good luck.

Ron
I really don't want to fool with it till I can replace it. I bought a 7 inch color monitor to replace the too small 5 inch black and white. When I can find a new color camera for the right price, I will replace the whole shebang.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
when they replaced our system due to failure, the microphone was lost.
WOW what a great thing to loose. it would come on if i turned on a blinker and help your ears if the radio happened to be on, it would blow your ears out

plus i prefer not to hear what my director is saying as i back up, hand and facial expressions are enough

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
when they replaced our system due to failure, the microphone was lost.
WOW what a great thing to loose. it would come on if i turned on a blinker and help your ears if the radio happened to be on, it would blow your ears out

plus i prefer not to hear what my director is saying as i back up, hand and facial expressions are enough
Too bad we can't replace it with a speaker so we can bark orders from the driver's seat and actually be heard.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC1BUD View Post
Too bad we can't replace it with a speaker so we can bark orders from the driver's seat and actually be heard.
then an auto door lock as she walks back up to get your attention with a baseball bat
I am very lucky
my dw uses great signals and if she cant see me in the mirror ...she moves so i can.
i don't need a low speed bump as i back up, followed by a loud scream as the legs withdraw under the coach

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
then an auto door lock as she walks back up to get your attention with a baseball bat
I am very lucky
my dw uses great signals and if she cant see me in the mirror ...she moves so i can.
i don't need a low speed bump as i back up, followed by a loud scream as the legs withdraw under the coach
In my case I ran across a good deal on one of those cheap backup cameras that mount to the license plate, now I can hook up without help.