Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2016, 05:40 PM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Battery control center

Hello Folks, Newbie here. I just picked up a 2001 Damon Daybreak 3275 and I have a couple of questions, and hope this is the right place to ask. First question is where is the battery control center on this rig located? 2nd question...does anyone know what the 5 stands for in the 3275 model number...Damon's manual only lists a 3270. Thank you in advance for any help....Gar
gar62954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2016, 12:50 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Gar - I'm not sure about your battery control might be. The difference between the 3270 and 3275 is the floor plan. Your's will have two slides and the 3270 only has one. They are very simular in design. I have a 2005 Damon Daybreak 3270, the floor plans are the same as in 2001. I know the converter box is under the master bed. You will see it when you lift the top of the bed. It should be on hydraulic pistons to help hold it up. Have you went to Thor Manufacture Web site? They bought out Damon years ago. They have several manuals for Damons on their web site. Good Luck. Welcome to IRV2. You can do a search at the top of the page also for more information you might want to find.
hawkeye1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 01:05 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Gar - I think what your might be looking for is the two relays under the hood, next to the fuse box. One is for the coach batteries and the other is the motor battery. The BCC is behind these relays, I think? Hope this helps. What problem are you having? Try this thread http://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/anoth...up-189942.html
hawkeye1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 04:53 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
BCC

Hawkeye, thanks for the answers, I suspected that about the numbers on the coach but wasn't sure. With the BCC I am trying to figure out how all the systems work and if the coach batteries are charging. By the steps there is the battery disconnect switch, that to me I don't think is the original and it seem to me that it doesn't work correctly...when pushed it does not stay in either the connect or disconnect position but returns to the middle, and with the BCC I wanted to check the two relays the book talks about. It is mentioned in 2 spots in the manual and there is a wiring diagram...but no clue as to location. I have found the conversion box but don,t believe this is where the BCC is located. Thanks Hawk for responding...Gar
Old 05-14-2016, 09:05 AM   #5

battery control center

Gar I have a 2005 Damon Intruder 391 my battery control center is under the hood on the drivers side, my converter is located in the last lower compartment on the driver side
Sierratoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 02:14 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Update On BCC

Thank you Sierra for your answers...I found what is called the micro battery control center under the hood and it matches the diagram in manual...however still cannot find the battery control center which contains the converter circuit breakers that I am seeking to see if they are tripped or not. The search continues...

Tags
battery