RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2016, 10:54 PM   #1

Carrier Air V PCB ASSY

I have a '06 Damon Challenger that came with the Carrier Air V AC units. I just replaced the upper units with Coleman Mach 3 as recommended by Thor. Using conversion kit, also recommended by Thor, my original carrier remotes work. I am having problems with the PCB boards though as I have to periodically reset them by disconnecting the 12V supply for a minute and then reconnecting it.

Does anyone know where I can get replacement assemblies for the Carrier Air V lower unit - ducted? It's for the front unit which also controls the furnace.

Thanks for your suggestions.

jkfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2016, 10:40 PM   #2

You might try here. https://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-Fo...ditioner-Parts Copy the model and part number from the PCB unit as quite a few PCB's are listed there.

Old 12-25-2016, 09:19 AM   #3

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I'm still searching for the part number. I have the control unit part number so maybe that will work. I'll also check with Thor.
jkfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 10:15 PM   #4

Yes, that number on the metal box is for the the circuit board that houses the relay circuit board. The plastic box contains the circuit board that the remote "talks to". I had to replace both a couple of years ago. The relay circuit board was not defective, it was an older version and was not compatible with a newer style circuit board (the one that responds to the remote). I paid around $135 and $160 for them.
Old 12-26-2016, 05:14 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The boards are no longer made. there is one 2 feet to my left but I'm not parting with it.. Sorry (I still use one)

I could not get the blasted conversion kit (Why I have the spare board we went with a manual ceiling control on that A/C and a straight T-Stat for the Furnace, along with a switch,, Total less than 30 bucks for the Furnace mod indicator light included.. Oh. I am an electronics tech so I did that job myself.. A/C I hired done.... Takes more than me.)

E-bay, Junk yards, Best choices less someone still has a few in stock.

FOr those who still have Carrier's.. I have a few spare parts I am willing to part with.> Blower assembly, Outer cover Start cap. Pick up only (Save for the start cap) wont' ship, price = 1 cup coffee.