RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2007, 04:53 PM   #1

Oops, posted this in Thor forum. Thought maybe I would get a better response here. I am new so please forgive the double post!

We have been looking at RV's for some time and have considered the Fleetwood Southwind 32vs and Winnebgo Vista. One was just too much $$ and the other was nice at first but REALLY REALLY basic. We have decided it is better to travel and still have some money left for "fun" once we get to wherever we decide to stop. Just looked at a Daybreak 3270 and it seems to fit our needs. It has dual air, auto levlers, backup camera, leatherette sofa and hideabed, dash fans etc. Anyway out the door with tags,taxes and anything else the dealer could think of to chare for is about 84K. Was hoping to get some input on the price and quality of this MH. Oh, the MSRP is right at 98K. Thanks

Alan

alann is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2007, 04:53 PM   #2

Oops, posted this in Thor forum. Thought maybe I would get a better response here. I am new so please forgive the double post!

We have been looking at RV's for some time and have considered the Fleetwood Southwind 32vs and Winnebgo Vista. One was just too much $$ and the other was nice at first but REALLY REALLY basic. We have decided it is better to travel and still have some money left for "fun" once we get to wherever we decide to stop. Just looked at a Daybreak 3270 and it seems to fit our needs. It has dual air, auto levlers, backup camera, leatherette sofa and hideabed, dash fans etc. Anyway out the door with tags,taxes and anything else the dealer could think of to chare for is about 84K. Was hoping to get some input on the price and quality of this MH. Oh, the MSRP is right at 98K. Thanks

Alan

Old 07-26-2007, 08:06 PM   #3

Hey Alan! I happen to be shopping for a new MH also. I found this site: RVPricebusters.com

I haven't purchased yet, but I was blown away by how low their quote was. I configured a Challenger 377 with all options and the MSRP was $127262 and the quote was $90701! It made me look at pricier coaches in my price range! I can't speak for their service or anything else, but I have gone back and forth via e-mail with one of their reps. At the very least you could take it to your dealer and try to bargain him down a little! P.S. Delivery to my door in upstate NY was only $850 on top of that! If I did buy from them, I probably travel to Ohio and stay a couple of days to make sure all the kinks were worked out. P.P.S - I have a friend with a 2000 (2001?) Daybreak and he's been happy with it for over 50000 miles. Hope you find this helpful!
Old 07-27-2007, 04:00 AM   #4

Alan, we have been very satisified with our Damon. Have had less trouble with this than we did with a previous new fiver!
I think the price is in line but also believe they can do better if they want to.
You can expect a list of items to pop up under waranty for them to tweak. Any way to know how their sevice is?
Almost all brands have the same air,heat,ref,generator, and so on. Comes down to workmanship and even thou Daman is not rated at the top, I do not consider it bad either. I felt we got all the coach we could get for the money. Of course when I hit the lottery, we might spring for a Newell or something but then again, maybe not. They still require the tweaking after you buy it.
IRV2 will give you all kind of information to make the coach fit your needs. Consider now if you want a satellite dish or inverter for example. Might be a good item to close the deal with. I had a chair exchanged out for one of the French recliners that matched the driver seats. Now is the time to get a little extra!
Old 07-27-2007, 04:49 AM   #5

You need to be at $71,000 - 73,000 before tax, tags, etc. that should give them a $6000-$9000 profit on the coach. Anything more and you are giving away your $$$$$$. That is between 25-28% off MSRP.

JAXFL
JAXFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:54 AM   #6

I just bought a 2007 3270 and its a very nice coach for the money. Mine had the extras also and listed for $94,000.00 I wonder if the dealer marked up the list price alittle to make you think he is giving you a better deal. I looked on other web sites for dealers and the best I saw was $78,000.00 with no trade. I had a trade and bought my coach from a dealer in Elkhart and felt I did alright on deal. I did see a 2007 3272 on the web for $75,000.00 but it may have been a rental.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:38 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Snowfitter to irv2 and the Damon forum.
Congrats on your new coach many happy and safe miles.
Enjoy the forums and do post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:44 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Alan, is it a ford or a WH?
Rocky Mountain High, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:20 PM   #9

It is ford. No bites on the condo yet so may end up getting an 08 by the time someone buys this condo.