Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2015, 06:22 PM   #1

Damon Challenger

Hello,
New to rving and this site. Anyone own a challenger 348? Thinking about buying a 2006. What are your likes and dislikes.

Thanks
Dan
campedfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2015, 04:20 PM   #2

Hi and welcome!

I have a 2007 Damon Challenger 355. Similar to the one you're considering; the major differences that I noticed is that mine has an additional slide for the kitchen and a different bathroom configuration.

I bought mine "new" in 2010. It was old stock that the dealer hadn't been able to sell so I got a great buy on it. Since then I've put about 56,000 miles on it and have spent many days and nights in it.

All in all, I like it! It doesn't have the fit and finish of the more expensive rigs, but I have yet to find a floor plan that I like better. Some of the hardware is pretty cheap stuff, but easily replaced. I've replaced (and upgraded) the faucets in the bathroom sink and shower and the kitchen, as examples. Also replaced a very cheap feeling bathroom sink with a cast iron one that was on clearance sale at Menard's.

The TVs were old analog CRT models that I replaced with much lighter (and better) flat panels.

Several window latches have failed and been replaced. A couple of the double-pane side windows have gotten moisture between the panes and need to be reworked, but that's about all. Not too bad, really ...

I've been very happy with the Ford F53 chassis. No problems at all. Only maintenance has been routine fluid changes and a set of tires about about 33,000 miles.

When we bought the coach, we wanted to spend conservatively since we weren't sure we would enjoy it enough to keep at it. After five years, we're still enthusiastic and haven't yet decided to upgrade to another make or model.

Get a good inspection by someone you trust who is knowledgeable before you write the check! The systems aren't rocket science, but there are lots of them, and poor maintenance can take its toll.
195pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 04:51 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am sitting i a 2005 Intruder.. I kind of like what Damon did in many areas (Most areas in fact) My list of serious complaints

Dometic Microwave is really an LG, number of LG products I have owned that I have been happy with = ZERO,, I was, however able to modify the microwave so I'm happy with it, part GE now.

VCR (REmember those) Zenith, once a quality brand, now owned by LG, See above, did not modify had a Panasonic in stock, now replaced with REPLAY TV DVR, very happy with DVR.

And assorted loose screws which every model has rrom time to time.

IF it is a workhorse, make sure all the recalls have been done.

Tags
damon