Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2017, 07:37 PM   #1

Damon Daybreak no power to house 12volt socket

Hi all,

The 12 volt socket connected to the 12volt
House battery system stopped working.

I have tried resetting the breakers. The light and stereo work fine and the chassis 12volt socket works also.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stephen
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2017, 09:51 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
The outlet might be protected by an inline fuse. I'd also check that the ground connection is still good from the outer tube of the outlet to a known ground. Have you checked more than one 12v accessory in the outlet? Most all 12v plugs have a fuse behind the spring loaded button that goes into the outlet.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
The outlet might be protected by an inline fuse. I'd also check that the ground connection is still good from the outer tube of the outlet to a known ground. Have you checked more than one 12v accessory in the outlet? Most all 12v plugs have a fuse behind the spring loaded button that goes into the outlet.
Thanks,

I need to take out part of the dash to check the socket.

All the accessories work fine on the chassis battery 12volt socket.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:07 PM   #4

I checked the bulb from the map light in other light and it worked fine.

I will Thor in the morning can they shed some light.

Thanks,
Old 09-26-2017, 04:24 PM   #5

Spoke to Thor and they reckoned it's a fuse. Went to AutoZone to get some fuses and a tester. I got speaking to the manager about the issue and he reckoned the coaches manual would tell me the fuse location.

The coach manual did not mention the fuse location, the manual is a generic one for all of Damon's Gas coaches (Daybreak, Challenger, Intruder).

I checked the Ford manual and it mentioned 2 coach builder fuse accessory locations, I checked both these fuses (and swapperd them out) to no avail.

I am able to power my GPS, back up and dash camera via the chassis 12 volt, my main issue is I use the 12 volt house socket to power a 200w inverter when dry camping.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:21 PM   #6

Just realised the power mirror is not working either, the 3 affected items would have been added by the coach builder.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:36 PM   #7

Going to start a fresh thread on this.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:58 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
1stMH - I have the same coach, but it is a Workhorse Model. I do not have or seen a coach 12 volt socket. Is this a after market install by a previous owner? Or, is this standard with Ford Chassis? Anyway, my two cents worth would be to change the socket if you have checked all the fuse and inline wiring. These sockets do go bad, I had to change one on my truck. Let us know what finally fixed the problem. I would be curious myself, since I don't have one. Only one I have is on the dash, and that is powered by the chassis battery. I did install a motorcycle socket assembly with two outlets, but it is power by the chassis battery. I did put a inline fuse on the power side. Hope you find the problem!
hawkeye1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:19 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
In my daybreak the fuse is located in the battery control center under the hood. This has all the relays in it also. The 12 VDC socket located on the dash is fused in the BCC on mine along with the auxiliary switches on the dash. Power comes from coach batteries to feed this socket.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:40 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Lifemember - I will have to check that out. I always thought the lighter in the dash was powered by the chassis batter and not the house or coach battery. I will disconnect the chassis engine battery and see what happens. Thanks
Old 10-10-2017, 07:47 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye1995 View Post
Lifemember - I will have to check that out. I always thought the lighter in the dash was powered by the chassis batter and not the house or coach battery. I will disconnect the chassis engine battery and see what happens. Thanks
How I found this out was when I shut off the salesman switch the power went off the socket on the dash. That's when I found the fuse located in the BCC for the socket. The relay for the salesman switch is in the box also. Found many fuses for stuff located in this box.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:17 PM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Lifemember, I have not checked yet, but that is a good way for me to check mine. Thanks for the information. I too, have a lot of fuses on this BCC Board. Wish they were marked what they are for, all there is is fuse size. I did find a drawing showing what each fuse was for, but can't seem to find it right now. I got it from here, so I'm sure I'll run across it again.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:19 AM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye1995 View Post
Lifemember, I have not checked yet, but that is a good way for me to check mine. Thanks for the information. I too, have a lot of fuses on this BCC Board. Wish they were marked what they are for, all there is is fuse size. I did find a drawing showing what each fuse was for, but can't seem to find it right now. I got it from here, so I'm sure I'll run across it again.
My PC board is labeled for each fuse. I have the original manuals also that has the wire layout for this box. Your box should have a label on it (inside cover) that says the manufacture and gives a model number of the BCC.

Dan,
Old 10-19-2017, 11:03 PM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Hi Lifemember, I turned off the salesman switch, {battery disconnect} and all DC power was killed to the house, but I still had power to the dash plug. Plus, I looked again and my BCC does not list what the fuses are for. I have no cover, there are two solenoids, that look just like the old ford start solenoids right next to these fuses. These are used to control where and when house or coach batteries receive a charge. Looks like there is a big difference between our units. I do appreciate your advice, made me wonder.

Tags
damon, power