Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2014, 09:06 AM   #1

Damon daybreak part no. Needed

Hi there

I bought an imported damon daybreak 2500le (1996) and working through some minor issues to get it perfect .

I actually found it had no brake lights and have re-wired them so all looking good apart from I noticed on one of the two brake switches ( the things that let the brake lights and cruise control know the brake pedal has been pushed ) the white insert that the brake switches screw into is on its last legs . The white plastic inserts clip into a bigger metal plate and the brake switch the screws into the white plastic bit.

Does anyone know the part number of this white insert and a dealer likely to supply this part ? or has anyone found a work around with two nylon nuts or similar ?

Many thanks in advance for any help

Regards

Mark
Theluckbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2014, 05:27 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
First - info is needed - Ford (V10 engine) or Workhorse (V8) chassis?

Damon only made the house that sits on the chassis...and stuff like the brake and cruise control switches will be a Ford or Workhorse (often GM parts).

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:37 AM   #3

Hi Steve

I believe its the workhorse chassis as it says on the log book 7400cc for the engine .
Forgive my ignorance but I know very little and didn't even know they made two variations ! I think he guy said to me it had a Chevrolet engine but that's about it on the technical . I've been lucky in that most of it is in good condition and works so learning as I go along ..
Old 06-04-2014, 07:21 AM   #4

Steve is there anything else that is a good give away what chassis I have ?
Interestingly someone told me the the front lights are the same as as a ford 150 pickup truck of 1996 but not sure if that applies to both the chassis you mention .
Old 06-04-2014, 08:52 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Damon used a naming convention for the models that included much info you have not given

For a directed example.. The full model is Damon Daybrake 325W or 325F (this woudl be 32'5" long and on a Workhorse or Ford chassis, I think you can figure out which)

The letter indicates teh chassis manufacturer

Also the first few characters of your VIN will tell who made the chassis as Damon used the chassis VIN and did not re-assign as some did.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:16 PM   #6

Hi there and thanks for the reply . I didn't get any real documentation with it and in fact it has graphic saying 'challenger' even though I know its a daybreak. I will look for the chassis number tomrrow and see if that spreads any light.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mark,

I was the source of the headlight info...glad that worked out

The easiest way to check which chassis is to look at the steering wheel emblem.
The 7400cc (454 cu in) V8 engine probably makes it a GM (Workhorse) vs. Ford's RV chassis for 1996.

Using that year, you can start your search for the part as being from a GM/Chevy truck.

Or you could PM an iRV2 member named DriVer and ask about the part. He (Mike) is a Workhorse Guru.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damon