Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2018, 05:20 PM   #1

Damon Intruder Slide

I have a 2003 Intruder 332 with Ford chassis. One slide, in the living room.
Can anyone tell me the location of the slide relays?
Also, the owner's manual tells me that I can manually retract the slide, but doesn't bother to tell me how. I'm probably missing some document from the vehicles supplier folder. Anyone that can tell me the way to manually stow the slide?
Don't bother to tell me where the controls are on your Chevy chassis - it's not there on the Ford. I found and followed a number of links that started out with Ford questions and got Chevy answers.
Thanks,
Mike
MikeRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2018, 12:09 PM   #2

2003 Intruder on Ford chassis - slide and other items

I did find answers to a few of the issues i was working on. Some quite different than expected. Owning an RV is a learning experience.

There is only one 12v motor that operates the large living room slide. The two rack and pinion slide mechanisms are tied together with a long shaft operating both pinion gears on the front and rear racks. I expected to find two motors. Surprise! The slide was skewed uneven. There is a bolt in the rear pinion that was able to pull out and drive just the front half of the slide to even them out.
I never did find the relay that powers that slide motor. Still have to look for that one.

The electrical device in the rear basement storage area is the converter - it converts 110v from the gen or shore power to 12vdc for battery charging and operating any 12v components. The 110v converter feed plugs into a 20amp outlet in that basement. i had unplugged that; with my bifocals, I read the tag wrong thinking it was the inverter. That made my house batteries drain to zero when I was on shore power.

I never did find the inverter. The manual says it's there, and supplies 110v to the two TVs from 12v batteries. I read in one forum it was under the rear bed, but not there. There is a transfer switch under there, which switches 110v feed between generator and shore power. It appears to default to shore power - so if you start the generator with shore power connected, the gen does not feed the system. There's also a 110v circuit breaker and 12v fuse box under that bed.
Anyone know where I might find the inverter??

There is only one interior switch, on the dash, to start and stop the generator. There's also one on the genset, but not convenient unless you're working on the genset. You need tools to get to it. I'd like to add another, back by the head, so my wife doesn't have to work her way to the dashboard, past the sofa bed, seats, etc, to start 110v for the hair dryer. My 1999 Minnie Winnie had 3 interior generator switches. Anyone reading this who has added another start switch?

We like the RV. It drives nicely, and is very comfortable. AC and heat work well. We've been replacing tired gas springs on the basement storage doors, adding a few more USB charging stations. Building a slide-through in the rear basement storage to hold a couple Segways. Next year the interior carpet will be replaced. Always something to putter on.

Appreciate the vast info base on this site. Thanks.
MikeRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:09 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Slide question

[QUOTE=MikeRR;4449658]I did find answers to a few of the issues i was working on. Some quite different than expected. Owning an RV is a learning experience.

There is only one 12v motor that operates the large living room slide. The two rack and pinion slide mechanisms are tied together with a long shaft operating both pinion gears on the front and rear racks. I expected to find two motors. Surprise! The slide was skewed uneven. There is a bolt in the rear pinion that was able to pull out and drive just the front half of the slide to even them out.
I never did find the relay that powers that slide motor. Still have to look for that one.

Hey Mike, I wonder where did you find the slide motor you're talking about above? I have an 03' Challenger with 2 slides. My rear slide is a single track, and the motor runs, but it won't move the slide. Were you able to deal with yours from underneath, or in a bay? I'm thinking I'm looking for a shear pin type of issue but don't have a good idea of what the layout is. Thanks, mark
Old 10-31-2018, 07:22 PM   #4

I had the same problem with a 2003 Challenger with the rear slide. the slide motor would run but the slide didn’t move.
I opened the wood bottom (by prying hard on a seam with a screwdriver ) of the storage area under the bed and found that the drive shaft for the rear slide had a sheared pin. Got a new shear pin at the local hardware store. I think the shear pin was just a standard roll pin that you hammer drive into a hole. Rotate the drive shaft with an open end wrench to line up the holes. For under $ 2.00 I was back in business.
hclark6345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:45 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Thank you I appreciate your reply. Hopefully will be the same for me!
Old 11-02-2018, 11:00 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
I havn't actually gotten to work solving this issue yet, but in thinking about it could it be that the only thing that keeps the slide in place is a $2 roll pin??

Tags
damon, slide