Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #1

Question Damon Outlaw Parts Needed

Howdy All,
Just picked up my (new to me ) 07 3611.. And I have questions..
Oh yea, Thanks for having me... Anyhow, My rig is missing one of the dinning window side valances, and the murphy bed in the garage is missing. Any ideas on where to look for these goodies ?
On a differant note, I've started a couple of the mods that I found here, Thanks HULA for the idea of sewer storage.. TOO COOL.
I'm also piping in an ice machine line into the garage, mounted a coffee maker under the cabinet between the sink and the stove.. I had to relocate the plug and move the light over a bit, but it looks like it belongs there.. I also swaped the door under the stairs to open left to right. Now we don't have to walk around it to get into it..
And lastly ?? What are your thoughts on having a fire extinguisher on board ? My last 3 coaches had one but this one doesn't. YET...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Howdy Crayfish, Welcome, and Congrats on the Outlaw. I have an '07 too and will take a swing at your questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl Crayfish View Post
Howdy All,
Just picked up my (new to me ) 07 3611.. And I have questions..
Oh yea, Thanks for having me... Anyhow, My rig is missing one of the dinning window side valances,
The easiest way to replace these parts is to go to the factory authorized service center - can be found by searching for "service" on the website "Outlawrv (dot) com." Otherwise you are looking at repair/replacement (like at LazyDays) or DIY.
and the murphy bed in the garage is missing. Any ideas on where to look for these goodies ?
The Murphybed was a factory option in '08-'10 (I think) and made the 3611 into a 3612. If you want the Murphybed you'll need to call Damon to see who made it or do the repair/replace path like above. The other bed option for the garage is the electric drop-down folding queen...It's pricey but is a current option that can be acquired.
On a differant note, I've started a couple of the mods that I found here, Thanks HULA for the idea of sewer storage.. TOO COOL.
I'm also piping in an ice machine line into the garage, mounted a coffee maker under the cabinet between the sink and the stove.. I had to relocate the plug and move the light over a bit, but it looks like it belongs there.. I also swaped the door under the stairs to open left to right. Now we don't have to walk around it to get into it..
The upgrades sound great - but, what door is under the stairs?
And lastly ?? What are your thoughts on having a fire extinguisher on board ? My last 3 coaches had one but this one doesn't. YET...
Our RV had the Fire Extinguisher removed too (the original was forward of the door and showed from the screw holes - we bought a new twin pack at CostCo the first weekend so we replace the original and could add one in the garage - better safe than sorry.
Best of luck with the rig...and come say Hey! to the other owners on this Thread: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f120/i-lo...aw-102560.html

Steve and Kim, '07 Damon Outlaw #1193
Mustang LCDR (Ret) - Sempre Paratus, Always Pirates
http://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:19 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to the Outlaw owners club.

My 2008 has a fire extinguisher right at the front entrance. I also added a large one in the corner of the stairs leading up to the bed in case we need to fight our way out
Old 09-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #4

The upgrades sound great - but, what door is under the stairs?

There is a small pantry under the stairs, with a shelf on top and 2 pull out drawers below.. It made it really easy to run the Ice machine line up the wall.
I have another question. At the sewer area , there is a white hose bib looking thingy located just above the outdoor shower. It has a hose attached to the back but I have no idea where it goes. Or what it's for...
Old 09-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
That's a Black tank rinse connection. Hook a water supply to it and you'll hear water flushing out the inside of the black tank
Old 09-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
That's a Black tank rinse connection. Hook a water supply to it and you'll hear water flushing out the inside of the black tank
I tried that because I thought that was what it was for. But when I tried it , it sounded like the water was running in but then it built back pressure. I removed the hose and the water back flushed from my hose.. Might it be possible the flusher is clogged ?
Old 09-06-2012, 12:48 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I tried that because I thought that was what it was for. But when I tried it , it sounded like the water was running in but then it built back pressure. I removed the hose and the water back flushed from my hose.. Might it be possible the flusher is clogged ?
Yes, you are correct...that hose is supposed to be open to the black water tank and from what you said, it is blocked.

Don't fret, you can try to clear it with compressed air or do a "Geo Method" treatment on the tank which should break-up most all solids.
If that is not familiar, search "Geo Method" on this forum or goto:
https://sites.google.com/site/cbruni/

Best of luck!
Old 09-06-2012, 04:41 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Welcome Steve (FL). Glad you made it into the forums, and I hope to run into you while heading thru Tampa!

You'll love it here and you won't find a better group of hands on experts then these guys.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Yes, you are correct...that hose is supposed to be open to the black water tank and from what you said, it is blocked.

Don't fret, you can try to clear it with compressed air or do a "Geo Method" treatment on the tank which should break-up most all solids.
If that is not familiar, search "Geo Method" on this forum or goto:
https://sites.google.com/site/cbruni/

Best of luck!
I've got one for ya. Could it be possible that they installed the check valve to the black water rinse hose "backwards " ? When I blow thru it there is restriction, when sucked, it's clear.. Ok say it's in backwards, where does it enter the tank ? I followed up from the outside and it appears it goes up thru the floor ? Where else should I look inside ?

Thanks alot
Steve
Old 09-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
There is a back flow presenter. To think it was installed incorrectly.... Nah!

I would think it went straight into the tank but I'm not sure. A quick call to Thor tech support should tell you.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #11
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I've got one for ya. Could it be possible that they installed the check valve to the black water rinse hose "backwards " ? When I blow thru it there is restriction, when sucked, it's clear.. Ok say it's in backwards, where does it enter the tank ? I followed up from the outside and it appears it goes up thru the floor ? Where else should I look inside ?

Thanks alot
Steve
Hey Florida Steve,

I'll check my '07 for these symptoms and report back. But, I can tell you now that there was no restriction on the in-flow when I last used the Black Tank washout.

Later,
California Steve
Old 09-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
There is a back flow presenter. To think it was installed incorrectly.... Nah!

I would think it went straight into the tank but I'm not sure. A quick call to Thor tech support should tell you.
Well I found it. The check valve is under the bath sink, way up high just under the faucet. I took mine off and sure enough it's stuck.. I don't know why it even has one because it's alot higher than the tank.. Good bye check valve... Many thanks for the helpfull thoughts...
Old 09-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Oh... don't remove that! That is a vacuum break one way valve so when you dump your tanks the suction doesn't suck the water out of your trap (if it's not working then replace it or just remember to run water into all of your drains after you dump your tanks). That lets air into the tank but keep the stink trapped in the tank. Removing it will have your MH mighty stinky in short order. You have one of those under the kitchen sink as well.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #14

[QUOTE=DGShaffer;1307112]Oh... don't remove that!

So its like a studder vent ? If I remove it, it's still vented at the drain valves right ? Also the only drain connected to the black water is the toilet. So how could it suck water from the sink drains? I'm lost....