Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2011, 11:01 PM   #1

Damon/Thor Outlaw - Levelers leaking

Hi,

The leveler pump on my 2010 Damon Outlaw developed a slow leak.

Thor is covering it so I presume it will be fixed and work fine, but wondered if anyone else has had the issue. Or, maybe it's just one of those teething issues?

FWIW, Damon/Thor has been very fair and reasonably responsive to all issues I've had (though, taking it to the dealer is very time consuming).

Thanks,

Mike
tr21r is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
we have to date had great customer service from damon.
emails answered, repair help with dealer as to date been above board
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:02 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr21r View Post
Hi,

The leveler pump on my 2010 Damon Outlaw developed a slow leak.

Thor is covering it so I presume it will be fixed and work fine, but wondered if anyone else has had the issue. Or, maybe it's just one of those teething issues?

FWIW, Damon/Thor has been very fair and reasonably responsive to all issues I've had (though, taking it to the dealer is very time consuming).

Thanks,

Mike
Except for the stripe problem I have on my 2007 DayBreak, they seem to be accommodating.

They referred me to the company that made the stripes and that company sent me new ones free, but Daymon left me with an out of pocket expense of taking the old ones off and applying the new ones.

I have heard from many here that took off their old stripes and without too much trouble applied their new ones by themselves.

Something I am not physically able to do. So I must pay out of pocket to get it done.
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:03 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Ran into problem getting wty work done on leveling system (leaks and failing jack) between trips before wty expired. Called THOR and was told "No Problem" take you trip and we'll fix it when you get back. Gotta love good service and support.
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #5

OK, dealer got authorization to get new pump from Lippert. Lippert sent whole new assembly. It was bigger than the last one. Dealer called Lippert and they said they stopped making the low profile pump.

Dealer was contemplating cutting my storage bay brackets to make the new pump fit. I said WHOA!

I called Thor and asked for help. Bill at Thor got involved and somehow Lippert found another low profile pump. It's installed and system is "working fine" (I say that cause I haven't seen it as the coach is still in to address the power awning issue).

All in all, not too horrible, it would have been wrapped in about two weeks if I hadn't brought up the awning problem mid way. Hope it's back by next week.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:25 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have had a leak on the leveler pump as well and I cannot find it. We replaced two bleeders because they looked questionable. Did both you guys require new pumps, ours is a 2008 outlaw

Regards: pitbull
pitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #7

I have been very seriously considering buying the 2011 Thor Outlaw and found this thread. Leveler pump leaks ? Falling jacks ? Stripe problem ? etc.

That sounds like a lot of problems with this Manufacturer. I love the Coach and the fact that I can put my motorcycle in it and not have to tow.......but should I be re-considering ??
heritage2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
We have had a leak on the leveler pump as well and I cannot find it. We replaced two bleeders because they looked questionable. Did both you guys require new pumps, ours is a 2008 outlaw

Regards: pitbull

Hi,

Yes, Thor had the pump replaced. The leak was coming from the pump itself. The pump on ours is located in the storage bay right behind the right rear tire.

Leveller system seems to be working fine now.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:04 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I still love the unit ans Thor is sending me new bumbers even though our unit is a 2008. I have to give those guys credit where it is deserved.

Pittbull
pitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #10

yes same here on my 2011 Damon Outlaw, all under Wrnty, Lippert sent a new pump not the low profile , so I needed 45 degree elbows so I could use same hoses as there is no room for vertical attachment. a nightmare installing inn the tight placement area of this pump. so far all is well and levelers working again..
RoknRoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
My Tuscany is in shop for the 4th time for leveler problems. We have only attempted to use the system 6 or 7 times since we purchased the unit new and came home with broke levelers 4 times. Two failures ago dumped entire hydralic tank all over the inside of the nose cowling. Very frustrated as you might expect.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritage2006 View Post
I have been very seriously considering buying the 2011 Thor Outlaw and found this thread. Leveler pump leaks ? Falling jacks ? Stripe problem ? etc.

That sounds like a lot of problems with this Manufacturer. I love the Coach and the fact that I can put my motorcycle in it and not have to tow.......but should I be re-considering ??
Note, the problems are not with Thor specifically, they're with Lippert components, which are used by many coach builders.
Crabby Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #13

My 2011 Daybreak also has a small leak from where the motor mounts into the manifold. Unit works find and doesn't lead down, but it needs to get fixed.

Dealer was supposed to order some parts and let me know when they are in. Thor seems decent to work with but as usual, the dealer is the weak link here.
Robot9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #14

Lippert wouldnt replace the collar on my pump. MH was in warranty but the pump was a little older and Lippert said too bad. But we will sell you a new pump.
FEDowner is offline   Reply With Quote