Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2008, 04:38 PM   #1

I have all my life wanted to go WEST!

At last we have six weeks to travel. Left SC 8/14 and we are now in Kansas City, KS. Had our first problems with our RV.

Dash air was all but not working. Refg stopped dead. Well, yesterday we got freon, today a new NORCOLD not Dometic that died five months after warranty ran out.

Tomorrow we head out for the real west and our vacation will begin again.

I LOVE RVing.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2008, 04:38 PM   #2

At last we have six weeks to travel. Left SC 8/14 and we are now in Kansas City, KS. Had our first problems with our RV.

Dash air was all but not working. Refg stopped dead. Well, yesterday we got freon, today a new NORCOLD not Dometic that died five months after warranty ran out.

Tomorrow we head out for the real west and our vacation will begin again.

I LOVE RVing.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:37 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
enjoy your 6 week's out on the road. hope your problem's are behind you now.happy rving and safe travel's......kurt
bmanSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Man am I so jealous. Can't wait to take that Go West trip. Want to go north to I-10, turn left and show back up a month later....

Be safe and have some happy travels....
The Woodieboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:32 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E Z Livin:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You better be careful, Twice in my life I wanted to go west, both times I ultimately ended up in the vicinity of VietNam.
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:15 AM   #6

How far west you going?

Since i basically live as far west as you can get in an RV. I guess i won't ever get the chance to say I am going West

Kevin

Ford Chasis
PineKap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:03 PM   #7

Dash air is cold. Refg is cold. We have our upscale life on the road back,

In Ohama, NE is a city park that is very nice. Will drive to Sioux Falls, SD tomorrow.

I really want to see the Black Hills and on, but do not want to rush our trip. Due back home by September 23. Life is tough right now.

If I was not on a somewhat schedule, I would stay here in Dodge RV Park for a few days just relaxing with the shade and breeze.

Drive Safe, Jerry. Janice. Jackson the big boss.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:06 PM   #8

Sorry, i forgot to answer a question. We plan to leave Yellowstone and go to Salt Lake City so I think this is this is as far west as we go. We will from here travel thru Colorado.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:18 PM   #9

Done went and moved away from you. We built a house in big old Lamar, moved in end of May. Was real busy for a while, selling, building and moving but can now see some light at the end.

Maybe we can cross paths on our travels.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
E Z Lamar is good country living fresh air and no city noises.enjoy your trip relax it will be here when you get back. enjoy the scenery happy rving and safe travels.....kurt
bmanSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:39 PM   #11

Have a safe and pleasurable trip EZ. We just returned home a week and a half ago from our trip out West. We left Sarasota, FL back on June 5th and rolled up to South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, turned around in Northern Arizona (Grand Canyon/Flagstaff), then back thru NM, TX went south to I-10 to San Antonio, into Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and back to Florida. Had a wonderful trip and our Damon Astoria ran flawlessly. Not one problem, but then our rig is only a year old. Next summer we make head up to the North West which is where I grew up. I prefer to go thru California then catch I-90 in Seattle and head East, the wind is almost always in your face if you're heading West thru the Black Hills. Either way it's a great run......... My wife actually started crying when we were about fifty miles from home; she didn't want our journey to end. I guess that tells me we'll be taking a lot more trips when the boys are out of the house!

Keep it under 65 and everything seems so much more relaxing!

Happy Trails!