Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
doc

Appalachian Campers
Seldom drive at night, but at times it becomes necessary. Back in November I left the CG very early and it was necessary to use the headlights. They were illuminating the ground just a very short distance in front of the coach. The driving lights (one)were shining into oncoming traffic and ther other was shining into the trees, apparently searching for possums or something.
The tech at the dealer adjusted them, but they are still way too low. I did an adjust on the driving lights and it helped them. I really don't want to drive nearly 200 miles to the dealer to adjust the headlights. Anyone know how or where the adjustment screw(s) are? I figure I can point it toward a building and get the angle right, having done that years ago on the old autos we used to drive and work on.
This is an 08 Essence (Tuscany with a couple of extra doo-dads )

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2009, 07:29 AM   #2

Doc, Since you haven't received any responses, I can only suggest that you check around the headlight and look for anything obvious in an adjustment screw, and adjust by trial and error.If your dealer adjusted them, then there must be something. Good luck. John H....

John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:42 AM   #3
doc

Appalachian Campers
Thanks John. I didn't figure on many responses. Sort of a PIA to get to and don't figure many folks have tried. May wait until we are back near the dealer and let them do it. We have sun now and mabe tomorrow. Going to try holding a camera back of the light and taking a shot to see if there is a recessed screw some place. Might post a pic if it turns out. I'll let you know
Old 01-13-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
doc

Appalachian Campers
Photos didn't work. Too tight an area for the camera to focus. I did manage to get my head where I could see part of the backside from a couple of different angles. All I can find is plastic and rubber. I suspect the rubber 'plug' looking areas can be removed to replace the bulbs. Still cannot find any screws or screw holes that might indicate adjustment points.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:53 PM   #5

That sounds strange, if the dealer supposedly adjusted them before. However it doesn't mean there has to be one. My headlights are mounted in the fiberglass front and are easy to get to, but I'm not sure if there are any adjusters. I will look in the spring just for curiosity's sake. Good luck, Doc...John H....
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
There are always adjusters on headlights

usually one screw at the top and one on one side or the other

The screws are kind of odd.. It will be a long screw, often in a nylon nut, the head will be fairly thick with a slow, the headlight housing has a tab which "Forks Over" that slot
Old 01-25-2009, 11:43 AM   #7
doc

Appalachian Campers
I talked via E-mail to Damon the other day. He said there were 4 screws behind the headlight units. He also said I need to take to the dealer and get it adjusted - but he doesn't have to drive the 200 miles to do this.

Weather has been pretty rough last few days, we are heading south for a while. I have it leveled in prep for the trip and will go underneath and see if I can find the screws he was talking about.