Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2017, 09:54 PM   #197

Yes I do. It's an Onan
Papaj71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2017, 09:59 PM   #198

[QUOTE=Lifemember;3593875]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaj71 View Post
Are yours wired in series or parallel?[/QUOTE

I have two 12v batteries wired in Parallel... you have two 6 volt batteries wired in series

Should mine be wired in parallel instead of a series?
Old 05-12-2017, 05:25 AM   #199

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
[QUOTE=Papaj71;3594245]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifemember View Post

Should mine be wired in parallel instead of a series?
NO.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:14 PM   #200

THE DAYBREAK LIVES!!! It's alive!!!!! New coach batteries a little starter spray and the Generator is running! The fridge and freezer check out and the AC brought the temp inside from 89 to a comfortable 74!!! Hooked up city water and flushed out the lines. Can't seem to get the water in the holding tank to run via the pump though. I have not tried the water heater yet either. It was a good day! Oh and none of the lights on my info center light up to tell me battery levels or holding tank levels???? Still a good day!!! Our foster daughter wants to camp on it tonight! LOL
Old 05-13-2017, 06:11 PM   #201

Did you put water in the Tank? The tank fill is right above the city water connection. You should put a little clorox in the tank also to disinfect it. Then run the pump and run water in all the lines, not the water heater. Let it set in the lines for a couple hours, then drain it and refill the tank and lines. Not sure where the fuse is for the panel, never had trouble with them before. You'll get this figured out.

2003 Dolphin 5320 sold
Charlie 5320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:13 PM   #202

Yup I filled it.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:40 PM   #203

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
With no power to the stove vent control panel the pump wont work. The switch to turn the pump on should be on that control panel. Was on the 1996 anyway. fuse for that will be in the breaker panel. check the fuse with the ohm meter.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:48 PM   #204

The vent and light work on the vent panel and the red light comes on when I push the switch on for the pump.
Old 05-13-2017, 08:29 PM   #205

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
The vent and light work on the vent panel and the red light comes on when I push the switch on for the pump.
Next step would be to see if you have power at the pump. The lights for the tanks could be grounds or connections in the area next to the valves for holding tanks.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:54 PM   #206

Kinda weird but I got the water to work now.? Not sure if it just took a while to get the air out or what?
Old 05-14-2017, 06:02 AM   #207

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Could have had line pressure keeping the pump off be careful hooked to street pressure without a regulator.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:54 AM   #208

Had the Daybreak out for my second ever dry camping trip, it performed perfectly off the grid. It was 45f so had to run the furnace overnight, the batteries were at 80% in the morning.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:27 PM   #209

So any advice for dumping at the waste station this week so I don't look like an idiot! I've never done this before. Are there any good video links that demonstrate?
Old 05-17-2017, 05:54 AM   #210

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
So any advice for dumping at the waste station this week so I don't look like an idiot! I've never done this before. Are there any good video links that demonstrate?
They have YouTube videos on that subject. After hooking up your stinky slinky you will want to open up your gray tank for a second or two to test for leaks in the slinky. you should have a full gray tank before going to the dump station. After testing close the gray tank and use the rest of the gray tank to clean out the slinky after you dump the black tank.

I fill the blank and gray tank with water before going to the dump station. This helps to flush out the solids in the black tank plus give enough gray water to clean the slinky out after dumping the black tank.