Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #29

How many miles did it have when you bought it? How is everything working? What engine do you have? What's the model of your Daybreak?
OswegoLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #30

We have a 2006 3276 that we bought used three years ago. We've put about 20,000 mostly trouble free miles on it so far and love it. Our front seats are starting to flake (I didn't know it was a common problem) so we'll have to decide how to deal with that at some point. The only real issue we've had was a water leak through the front clearance lights. That took a lot of work to fix due to the design of the pockets. Hopefully it won't happen again!

Ours did have a major problem when we bought it. The windshield would pop out in the corners as the rig flexed! I did some research and found this was not uncommon and there was an issue with the windshield openings being cut too large. I contacted Damon and when it was all said and done they paid for the entire repair. Very impressive.

We have the cracking decals too but just finished stripping them all off yesterday. I have the replacement decals (sent for free) but I'm almost afraid to put them on and have the shrinking and cracking again in four years. Anyone have problems with the new decals?

Mike
OpenTrackRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #31

Nice Mike!

We jus' purchased a really cherry '99 DayBreak 3270 on a Chevy P30 chassis. We've no cloth upholstery issues but the faucets demanded replacing so that was done, backsplash in the kitchen, new Blaupunkt receiver and Kicker speakers, flat screen in bedroom, and three powered roof vents. The bathroom with that silly little fan was scrapped for a model that retrofits in the same frame, and two better quality Fan-tastic 3-speed fans totally replacing the front and bedroom passive vents. Our shakedown cruise says everything is working well.

We also had a leak up front...clear RTV over the rubber windshield gasket along its entire width fixed that.

Our stripes are faded some and cracked...I haven't made a decision on that yet but I'm reading everyone's satisfaction with their replacement.

At this time we're erecting a large "carport" to house the monster to avoid further weather-related aging. Our smaller RV is in bad shape with road salt damage and being left outdoors too long...by the time I finally sheltered that unit its resale value has plummeted to near salvage...so if I do decide to replace the striping at least they should last some real time compared to a unit left out in the elements. Some comments I've noted on this forum say new stripes may last four years.
dwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #32

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaw.1 View Post
I to have a 2011 Daymon Daybreak 3211.We love it but, I am having some what of a problem that maybe some of you FINE folks may be able to help me with.I am trying to get my tailgator satellite dish to work without running the cable out the window.Above the DWs throne in the cabinet is where all the cables are.I also have the batwing ant.The problem is that I have the red, yellow,and white jacks under the tv in the dining room and I have to but the receiver there to have a picture.I took the wall plate off where the cables come into and 1 is marker R one is marked E and the other is marked C that is not counting the ones that are suppose to be prewired for sat.Could someone Please help? tks in advance.
hmmm. not sure i can help, but.... i have a 2012 daybreak that i also use a tailgator antenna. the coach came with a tv/dvd/antenna/cable switch box. i hook the tailgator to the external cable tv coax attachment that is in one of the cargo bays. I then attached the input from this cable to sat receiver. then i attached a coax cable from the sat receiver to the cable in port on the the tv/dvd/cable switch box. all works great. hope i haven't confused you. this works, assuming you have the coax switch box (tv/cable, etc) box that most mhs have.
gman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #33

Quote:
I to have a 2011 Daymon Daybreak 3211.We love it but, I am having some what of a problem that maybe some of you FINE folks may be able to help me with.I am trying to get my tailgator satellite dish to work without running the cable out the window.Above the DWs throne in the cabinet is where all the cables are.I also have the batwing ant.The problem is that I have the red, yellow,and white jacks under the tv in the dining room and I have to but the receiver there to have a picture.I took the wall plate off where the cables come into and 1 is marker R one is marked E and the other is marked C that is not counting the ones that are suppose to be prewired for sat.Could someone Please help? tks in advance.
I have 2011 daybreak 27pd and I couldn't get tailgator to feed thru the antenna amplifier. So I by passed with a cable from (R) rear cable to receiver and it works fine. C is for cable E is for right side entertainment cable. I also fed the roof antenna to receiver fro tailgator and that switches automatically to roof when receiver is off.
way234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #34

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
no AC power to tv's and front of coach

just thought I would share with everyone. I have a 2012 daybreak, 34KD. I was doing some work on the overhead cabinet and was using a shop vac to cleanup afterward. I had the vacuum plugged into the AC outlet under the cabinets on the right side, behind the passenger. suddenly I lost power to the outlet. I checked all the breakers, etc and found that I had no AC power to anything forward of the kitchen, plus had no power to any of the TVs (3). about ready to give up when I decided to remove the wood panel under the bed (on top of the power convertor). there I found not only the convertor, but the invertor that is used to power the entertainment systems from the battery, when not using AC using the remote switch mounted on the wall to turn it on. I noticed that the invertor had a small circuit breaker on its control panel, and it appeared to be tripped. I reset the breaker, and what do you know, all is good now. not only does the invertor provide ac power from the 12 v batteries, but also is the distribution for 110 AC power to the entertainment systems. thought I would share with others for future reference. also, apparently the DWs vacuum doesn't draw enough power to trip the breaker, but my manly shop vac does!
Old 05-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #35

Damon Owners Club
Question about outside steps height when levelers are down

I have an 06 Daybreak 3270 which I love except I have to use a portable step under the outside steps when I level as the steps are too high off the ground. Do others do the same? Has anyone added a new set of steps with a 3rd step or can the levelers be adjusted so the MH isn't so high off the ground
Thanks. Darlene
Ridgmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #36

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgmar View Post
Question about outside steps height when levelers are down

I have an 06 Daybreak 3270 which I love except I have to use a portable step under the outside steps when I level as the steps are too high off the ground. Do others do the same? Has anyone added a new set of steps with a 3rd step or can the levelers be adjusted so the MH isn't so high off the ground
Thanks. Darlene
I use a portable step for the wife in this case. I also found that the automatic levelers lift the coach up much more that is usually needed to level and stabilize. I try to park as much as level as possible and then use the manual controls on the levelers to stabilize and finish leveling. usually this doesn't lift the MH as high as using the levelers in the auto mode.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just got my 2002 Daybreak in August . Been away 3 times already . The previous owner barely used it 6,600 miles . Looking forward to 2014
caplad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #38

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
do you have the switch box in the DW overhead compartment. the one that has switches for the TV, Cable, Sat, DVD inputs?
Old 11-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
2006 Daybreak 3272 here, bought used this year and it has been great so far. We have installed an inverter, customized some cabinetry, bought a used Honda CR-V and am in the process of setting it up as a toad. I hope to try it out towing down south somewhere this winter.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #40

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
Quote:
Originally Posted by John How View Post
2006 Daybreak 3272 here, bought used this year and it has been great so far. We have installed an inverter, customized some cabinetry, bought a used Honda CR-V and am in the process of setting it up as a toad. I hope to try it out towing down south somewhere this winter.
Hope all goes OK. So far our only problems with towing was a loose wire inside the car's plug at the bumper. Once found and fixed not a problem in about 31k miles of towing. Hope you get out of Cool before it becomes cold. We are nearer the coast (Gilroy) and the weather forecast is for freezing this next week.
SteveOGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #41

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by John How View Post
Where south are you intending to travel
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
We're not sure exactly when or where we will go but seeking warmer weather. Today I am temporarily winterizing as we will be home till at least the new year and we are on the verge of cold weather.