Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Smile I love my Damon Daybreak

I'm getting a little tired of all the Damon Outlaw love, so I thought I would post this. I have had my Daybreak about 5 years and I have put over 33,000 miles on it. It has about 68,000. I Have been to Fl three times and out west [from Ohio] twice and loved every minute.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #2

Well you are just TOO funny!
Do I ever agree with you! i love it! i too have a Daybreak - 06 which I bought new and have over 50000 miles. Previous owned 89 used same model - loved floorplan but wanted slides.
I like that its not too big/ small and the layout works well for me.
Took out small sofa behind pass as I show dogs snd put my dog crates there.
Hasn't been perfect but I have a great dealer Deans in Tulsa. Biggest complaint is the peeling decals which I have replaced once and they are coming off again. Hope to paint someday.
Just finished cleaning out and winterized. Won't use again till late Feb, early March
Darlene
Ridgmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Thanks, Ridgmar.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
There good units not a lot of bells but it gets the job done !!!
Old 11-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you love it, then shout it!

There are just too many "this broke... that broke... this should be better... what were they thinking?" posts. Sometimes its refreshing to point out the good.

But I still love my Outlaw!
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
DGShaffer - I guess Damons are just good!
Old 11-18-2012, 07:25 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Just have to chime in on this one! Got my 2006 Daybreak 3276 with bunks in March; my first class A so I have no reference point but I'm loving it! I show dogs and their travel crates fit perfectly in the bunks! Also have the peeling decals challenge and am in the process of taking them off and will live with a "naked" unit until I can get it painted.
plpwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
Like my RV also...but

OK, and I really love my 2008 Astoria 3786, a model that didn’t have a spec sheet published until 2009!
I also think the Outlaw is really a cool MH if you have motorcycles, ATVs or need a big space to party. I really understand the affection the “outlawer’s” have for their Outlaws.
The Daybreaks are very nice and we nearly bought one.
Bottom line, I enjoy my MOTORHOME and would just like to use it more. There are a lot of beautiful roads out there calling our names.
We have had our share of problems, most within the warrantee, some I had to solve myself once our dealer went belly up, but all in all it’s been a good value.
What I really love is this website, mostly, when people start to share their modification and experiences. This Thanksgiving I’ll be thankful for my family, health, nation, home, motorhome and the people who make the iRV2 forum so great.
Steve & Jean
2008 Astoria 3786 , Toyota Avalon in tow with four down and a good lube pump.
SteveOGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #9

I have an Intruder, not a Daybreak, but yeah...there's gotta be some love for models other than the Outlaw. I was thinking the same thing haha.
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #10
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I love my Daybreak 3204 Sport with bunks for the kids. We have made lots of customizations and have not had one problem.

We will upgrade some day to a DP but this is perfect for us until the kids grow up and then we can go full time.

But we do LOVE our Daybreak!

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #11

My Daybreak is a 2007 model 3270. It is perfect for me and my wife. There is no bedroom slide which I don't need anyway and because of this I have less weight and a huge pass through storage in the rear that I don't see on big diesel pushers! It has a two couch floor plan but the previous owner took out the curb side couch and put a nice chair in it's place. Good idea. I pulled the heavy tv, mounted a flat screen and I'm good to go. After 20 years in a fifth wheel I really do love my Daybreak.
rfregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #12

Love our Daybreak!

We have had our 06 Daybreak since new and really enjoy it. It is a wonderful memory maker!
turtle2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

I to have a 2011 Daymon Daybreak 3211.We love it but, I am having some what of a problem that maybe some of you FINE folks may be able to help me with.I am trying to get my tailgator satellite dish to work without running the cable out the window.Above the DWs throne in the cabinet is where all the cables are.I also have the batwing ant.The problem is that I have the red, yellow,and white jacks under the tv in the dining room and I have to but the receiver there to have a picture.I took the wall plate off where the cables come into and 1 is marker R one is marked E and the other is marked C that is not counting the ones that are suppose to be prewired for sat.Could someone Please help? tks in advance.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We also have a 2009 Damon Daybreak 3575 that we love. We have the flaking captains chairs, but I am going to have them reupholstered myself. Have an apointment this Sat. to get an estimate. We have taken her to Moab Utah, Little Sahara in Waynoka OK, Windrock in Oliver Springs TN, Mena AR and most of the MO state parks. Come on March we're ready to go some where. LOL
stevieptcb is offline   Reply With Quote