Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2014, 04:39 PM   #2577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
The only options you can order from the factory anymore are the:
~Black Frameless Dual Pane Windows
~Power Drop-Down Hide-Away Overhead Bunk
~Two (2) Opposing Leatherette Jack-Knife Sofas in the Garage
It's pretty much loaded - otherwise.
When we were at our dealer in May they had one of the new models with the frameless windows. They really do improve the look of the Outlaw - not like it was bad to begin with!
Orangepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2014, 05:31 PM   #2578
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

The Frameless are being called "Automotive Style" windows...Probably the future for all premium RV's in the future
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:17 AM   #2579

The back awning on 2015 is manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangepeel View Post
Yes, starting on the 2015 models. Also standard is an awning over the party patio in the back.

Can someone with a 2015 let us know if the back awning is manual or electric. Somewhere I got the impression is was manual but I am probably wrong.
yay - I can answer a question! The back patio awning is not powered. You actually have to roll it out by hand - (and no led lights either. Those are just on the two side awnings 37MD model or the single on the LS)
Outlawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:49 PM   #2580

Rapid Camp Remote/Rear Awning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
SO COOL!!! Level with jacks -and- start the genie -and- open the slides, with the engine running - and - turn on the lights - all remotely?! Yes, those are improvements.

My model's safety interlock prevents the slide from moving if the engine is running

Attachment 68812
I don't seem to have any safety lock on mine except none of the TV's will work once the ignition key is turned on. All TVs shut down 30sec after you start engine. They told me it's a Safety Relay...not even the rear TV's. I have the 37MD and they are all behind me.

The rear awning over the garage door is manual. I know I said I was going to attach a video of opening/closing it but I haven't got around to it yet. I apologize.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:30 PM   #2581

Damon Owners Club
Keeping up with changes and improvements, all while my rig sits on a lot in Alvarado, is doing nothing good for my positive frame of mind! Arg!

I keep counting the days till I get my Outlaw home, which I suppose makes me as guilt as the character in Kelly's Hero's who Donald Southerland accused of "sending out those negative waves"

I'm more in impressed with what we Outlaw owners have than ever before. Even with the QC issues.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:49 PM   #2582

Quote:
Originally Posted by BpK9Miami View Post
I keep counting the days till I get my Outlaw home…..
Does that mean you changed your mind about selling yours?
Old 07-23-2014, 11:58 PM   #2583
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangepeel View Post
Does that mean you changed your mind about selling yours?
Uh, yeah...I caught that too. Do tell?

You are never gonna find another FRED Outlaw as nice as yours...

Best luck what ever you do
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:08 AM   #2584

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
You don't want it sitting unsold and unused for too long. After a while people seeing it sitting there assume something is wrong and stop considering it. Your best bet would be to get it up to Sturgis and hang a big for sale sign on it. Ut oh.... Did I mention Sturgis?..... Road Trip!!!!!
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:45 AM   #2585

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
You don't want it sitting unsold and unused for too long. After a while people seeing it sitting there assume something is wrong and stop considering it. Your best bet would be to get it up to Sturgis and hang a big for sale sign on it. Ut oh.... Did I mention Sturgis?..... Road Trip!!!!!
My thoughts exactly. No, I didn't change my mind, but, having said that, I keep seeing all the threads, and that coupled with all the mods on mine, I have come to realize I've got a lot of work to do on something new. However, a contract is a contract and so I'm committed to riding it out...MHSRV hasn't been the poster child of pre-owned sales I expected, but then again, a new one sure do have a lot of bells and whistles so I don't blame people for looking at spending just a wee bit more.

Strugis....well, I'm always up for that!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:44 AM   #2586

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post

So, is that what you did With yours???
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:20 AM   #2587

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I wish! I took the lazy way out and walked through a local RV show, found one I liked and made the switch! I'm off to Hershey in September
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:28 PM   #2588

We just purchased a 2003 Damon Intruder, barn find, loved the floor plan so much I may have gotten carried away. Didn't look for water leaks, until today, while I was cleaning and found water marks on the ceiling and floor. Checked the roof , all looked fine. Haven't looked at the underside,almost afraid to. No soft spots any where, no carpet discoloration , just waterline in several different places. Previous owners said never a leak that they know of, everything is in great shape except for that, or as far as I know! Seems the more I clean ,more I find. What's a person to do? Is this something I should be worried about?
retiring1day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:03 PM   #2589

Hello! Was wondering if anyone else has had problems with stress cracks in their windshield while parked and leveled?

Our 2013 3611LS with 8500 miles had a crack appear out of nowhere in June while parked and leveled - nothing shifted, no jacks slipped, just a sudden noise and a series of 20" cracks along the Passenger Side of the windshield. Needless to say it was a shock, as was the $1750 to replace it! But we bit the bullet and figured it was one of those freak things that will never happen again...

Well, here we are 1 month after installing the new windshield and the same thing happened today, but on the Drivers side. No movement, fully up on jacks, nothing special happening in the coach... just snap and a large crack radiating from the lower driver side of the windshield.

For reference, all 4 jacks were down and the coach was showing level on both the Auto Level and the Bubble Level mounted on the Kitchen counter. Also, the replacement windshield was put in by the same vendor that does all the replacements for Camping World here in Portland, so we've got every reason to believe it was done correctly. The only other piece of info I can think to add is that the plastic rear top cap (basically the trim piece that runs along the top rear of the coach above the cargo door) is also cracked. Showed up in January (1 month out of warranty) but I seem to remember that was a weak point on the Outlaws.

Basically, just trying to figure out whats causing the cracks so we can fix it one more time and never have it happen again! Or, if we might have a defective frame that would require a bit of wrangling with Thor / Ford. Any advice would be most appreciated!
pdx01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:45 PM   #2590

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx01 View Post
Hello! Was wondering if anyone else has had problems with stress cracks in their windshield while parked and leveled?

Sorry to hear about your windows! Being only six months out of warranty it might be worth it to contact Thor anyway. They may say "too bad, you're out of warranty" but it is certainly worth a shot to call and ask! Did you get an extended warranty by any chance?

Also - hello from across the river! We are over in Camas.

Tags
thor, damon, outlaw