Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2015, 01:11 PM   #3585
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Scott,
Great news...makes using a solar charger for the chassis battery -or- the house bank very easy
Of course with your rooftop set-up, that's redundant

Larry,
I agree that the pantry is a nice-to-have. The Mrs. and I stock #1193 with all kinds of good stuff and a pantry would be nice. I have looked at adding one with a pantry slide kit from a home kitchen cabinet maker. Basically, you just remove a fascia panel, install and afix the fascia to the unit, like:
Pantry Organizers - Hafele Full Extension Pantry Pull-Out with Free Shipping | KitchenSource.com
Hope you share about this and all your mods

We Love Our Outlaw!
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2015, 03:34 PM   #3586
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by focker View Post
I went and did a test after reading your post. As it turns out on my Outlaw, the one at the passenger foot well was shut off by the salesman switch. The one of the dash remained on and is not controlled by the ignition switch. It would appear that based on this I should plug in to that one or direct wire to the battery.
Scott,

Here is different idea...since you have all that rooftop solar, and two lighter sockets with different sources...
Why not connect the two outlets to charge the chassis battery? Easy as pie
They make a device specifically for this - $20 on Amazon:
Click image for larger version

Name:	closed_hood_car_jump_starter.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	87749
http://www.amazon.com/Wagan-EL9796-J.../dp/B00005OWK2

A Trik-L-Start does the same thing - but must be installed:
http://www.lslproducts.net/TLSPage.html

Best luck
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 03-04-2015, 04:56 PM   #3587

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I like the idea of the permanent install Trik-L-Start. With all of those panels I have it would keep everything maintained with zero thought or maintenance.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:47 AM   #3588

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Larry,
I agree that the pantry is a nice-to-have. . . . . I have looked at adding one with a pantry slide kit from a home kitchen cabinet maker . . . like:
Pantry Organizers - Hafele Full Extension Pantry Pull-Out with Free Shipping | KitchenSource.com
Steve, Thanks for the pantry link - there are several such commercial pullouts we may still consider as an alternative to a full custom cabinet shop fab. However, the newest thinking is that with the right side cavity as narrow as it is in the production 38RE, a better custom use of the space may be upfit as a "broom closet," plus narrow space to store a folding step stool. With a need for such, and a fairly easy cut-and-hinge job implied to execute, this may be what happens to our 38RE blank board that replaced the pullout pantry.

"Residential" Storage on the 38RE remains scarce, and a problem still to be solved. Some ideas are working their way through conceptualization that would leave the lost pullout remediated, but as part of a "larger canvas." We want to live with the coach first to finalize this thinking.
Larry in NC, Tango 38RE - Outlaw #2049
RV.Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:55 AM   #3589

panel location help needed

Does anyone know where they put the receiver / fuse panel for the rapid camp system on the newer Thor class A's?

I have a new 2015 OUtlaw 37ls that I picked up Friday.

when we did the pdi, I mentioned that the rapid camp remote did not have a button for the leveling jacks.

when I was leaving, they showed me the remote and it now had the leveling jack button. (unfortunately did not try it out)

looks like they simply pulled a remote from another coach, as none of the buttons on this one work, and the slide button brings up controls for 3 slides, and i only have 1.

called lippert, and they sent me instructions for pulling fuses, to sync up the remote to my system, but no clue where the board is.

Thanks!

-Matt
Terminex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 11:38 AM   #3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminex View Post
Does anyone know where they put the receiver / fuse panel for the rapid camp system on the newer Thor class A's?

I have a new 2015 OUtlaw 37ls that I picked up Friday.

when we did the pdi, I mentioned that the rapid camp remote did not have a button for the leveling jacks.

when I was leaving, they showed me the remote and it now had the leveling jack button. (unfortunately did not try it out)

looks like they simply pulled a remote from another coach, as none of the buttons on this one work, and the slide button brings up controls for 3 slides, and i only have 1.

called lippert, and they sent me instructions for pulling fuses, to sync up the remote to my system, but no clue where the board is.

Thanks!

-Matt
It's with the inverter underneath the fridge/closet area.

Any chance you can post the instructions for the rest of us? Mine works fine (although I almost never use it...) but it could be handy for others.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140818_151523 (Small).jpg
Views:	62
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	88141  
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 11:47 AM   #3591

right of fuse panel under drawer

called my dealer tech, and he instantly told me under the drawer to the right of the fuse panel.

Did I mention the dealer I bought it from Friday is awesome:-)

to sync the control to the unit, you need to unlock the remote (enter the pin), then while holding the black button on the receiver board, press the "light" button on the remote. -Boom, you are now sync'd.

to reprogam the order of buttons / or what is controled, you can download the pdf directly from lippert.

Link to the pdf for mine. (fyi, there are multiple versions of the "Rapid Camp" or "linc" as Lippert refers to it.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:26 AM   #3592

indelicate question

OK, was looking at some attachments for the dump connection, and my buddy asked me if I have a "poop blender".

Does anyone know if the new Outlaws include this? (something that while it sounds useful, I will NEVER have in my home kitchen / bar.)

He said that in all of his years of camping, double ply toilet paper works better in tanks WITHOUT the blender, but single ply is better if you do have the blender, as the double ply can clog it.

-Thanks
Matt
Old 03-10-2015, 09:39 AM   #3593
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Matt,

I will venture a guess that the "blender" is a macerator dump pump.

These electric-motor driven devices fit on the dump outlet to pull and chop-up the waste. The output of the macerator is usually a smaller hose and the device can pump the waste up-hill if the dump set-up is not down-hill.
There are DIY set-ups have been made using a standard kitchen disposal and several companies maker macerator pumps: RV Macerator and Waste Dump Systems - PPL Motor Homes

These can easily be added to the Outlaw, but I do not know of it being a factory option.

About toilet paper...the thick/strong stuff is not good for gravity dump or macerators. There are many discussions about this on iRV2. It is best that the black tank's contents become a solution - void of solids, so recommend you just buy the cheap stuff for the RV - and use lots of water. If boondocking (water is rationed) use the flush when dumping...it works well.

Safe travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 03-10-2015, 10:31 AM   #3594

Wanted to see if anyone else has had issues with their inverter/charger...

Our microwave keeps tripping the breaker but it wasn't until this morning that I figured out why. The inverter is on the same circuit and it seems to be sucking a huge amount of power which then trips the breaker in the hallway even when we're not using the microwave. The only way to prevent it from tripping is to take it out of charge mode. But... since our batteries are really bad and need to be replaced, we lose all DC power within about an hour.

I'm assuming this is a sign of the inverter going bad but I'm kind of a dummy when it comes to electrical issues so I may be barking up the wrong tree. Maybe it's actually the converter that's the issue... but I'm embarrassed to admit that I can't find it.

It's annoying to be plugged into 50amp and still have power issues. Without being able to run the inverter/charger we seem to be out of commission on anything with DC power.

Does it sound like an inverter or converter issue? Has anyone had this issue on their Outlaw before?
Old 03-10-2015, 11:54 AM   #3595

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
On my Outlaw the Microwave is on a dedicated outlet that is not supported by the inverter. I switched them and blew the fuse in the inverter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnerd View Post
Wanted to see if anyone else has had issues with their inverter/charger...

Our microwave keeps tripping the breaker but it wasn't until this morning that I figured out why. The inverter is on the same circuit and it seems to be sucking a huge amount of power which then trips the breaker in the hallway even when we're not using the microwave. The only way to prevent it from tripping is to take it out of charge mode. But... since our batteries are really bad and need to be replaced, we lose all DC power within about an hour.

I'm assuming this is a sign of the inverter going bad but I'm kind of a dummy when it comes to electrical issues so I may be barking up the wrong tree. Maybe it's actually the converter that's the issue... but I'm embarrassed to admit that I can't find it.

It's annoying to be plugged into 50amp and still have power issues. Without being able to run the inverter/charger we seem to be out of commission on anything with DC power.

Does it sound like an inverter or converter issue? Has anyone had this issue on their Outlaw before?
Russ - USN SWO (ret) - 2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis a Road Glide CVO & Dyna Switchback in an Iron horse trailer or a Jeep Unlimited Alliance Valor 40V13 toyhauler (on order) with Harley CVO ROad Glide and Dyna Switchback in the garage, pulled by a F350 DRW
Russtj60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 03:19 PM   #3596

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Our micro is also on it's own outlet and not on the inverter (nor would our inverter support it). I would say something was most likely improperly wired and should be redone to take the microwave off the inverter circuit.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:47 PM   #3597

After thinking it through I think the problem is the converter... As once the circuit is tripped the lights and anything on DC power slowly stops working within an hour or so. Any tips on where to find it? It's not in the shore power compartment.

Fulltiming in a 2008 Outlaw 3611
Happy Travels! AdventureinFaith.org
Old 03-10-2015, 04:09 PM   #3598

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnerd View Post
After thinking it through I think the problem is the converter... As once the circuit is tripped the lights and anything on DC power slowly stops working within an hour or so. Any tips on where to find it? It's not in the shore power compartment.

Fulltiming in a 2008 Outlaw 3611
Happy Travels! AdventureinFaith.org

I have questions:
1. Are you using the inverter when you are plugged in? There should be no reason to have it on when you are plugged in however, if it is the Magnum 600 that came in ours then even if it is turned on when you are plugged in it should be bypassing it.
2. Your charging and converting should all be coming from one box and I am pretty sure on the 2008 it would be the same as ours, a Progressive Dynamics 9200 series that is mounted in the electrical storage area. This is the unit I am speaking of: PD9200 Series RV Power Converters

I would call Progressive and describe your issue to see if they have any ideas for you.

Tags
thor, damon, outlaw