Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I love my Thor | Damon Outlaw!

I just read a post about people always posting to report problems they have and that being a possible source of devaluation.

Well.... I'm here to say that I love my Outlaw. It's a 2008 and I've clocked 20,000 miles on it so far with out any serious issues. I've found that Thor had been accommodating when it was under warranty and authorized my local Camping World to handle the issues that came up after purchase once it had a few thousand miles on it. I also found them willing to help with an out of warranty issue I had with the entry steps that turned out to be a corrosion issue.

As far as the craftsmanship of the coach, I find it to be directly in line with the cost and although it was built with using expensive materials, I have learned to treat it with care and a gentle touch. I'm so happy with it that I will most likely trade it in for a new model Outlaw once they update the coach with the latest amenities maybe in 5 years or so.

So if you're tired of reading about the problems people are having with their Damon, perhaps you'd like to chime in about the things you really like about yours.

And there's nothing like having your own personal deck!
Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment-25.jpeg
Views:	2473
Size:	327.9 KB
ID:	93773

See the Outlaw Easy Mods and Fixes thread
And the http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/list...rs-280110.html
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thats a nice coach... I really like the floor plans buy wasnt a big "Damon" product fan.
I liked it at $100k so Im sure Ill love it at $50k or less in a couple years.

What chassis did you get? Do you have the extra ceiling queen bed in the garage?
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherTodd View Post
What chassis did you get? Do you have the extra ceiling queen bed in the garage?
Thanks, we really love it. It is a Scorpion Edition 3611 floor plan so it has the drop down queen size bed in the garage and the single slide.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #4

What's not to love. We purchased our 2004 Damon Escaper in January of this year. We have put about 5,000 miles on it so far. We love everything about it. The Freightliner chassis, the Cat 330 HP diesel, the Allison 3000 transmission, the towing capacity, the fit/finish and interior design. We love the quality of the fixtures and we love the way it drives and rides.

It is our home away from home. We are proud owners of our Damon Escaper.

What's not to love?

Old 09-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by randco View Post
Well said!
Old 09-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by randco View Post
What's not to love. We purchased our 2004 Damon Escaper in January of this year. We have put about 5,000 miles on it so far. We love everything about it. The Freightliner chassis, the Cat 330 HP diesel, the Allison 3000 transmission, the towing capacity, the fit/finish and interior design. We love the quality of the fixtures and we love the way it drives and rides.

What's not to love?
looks like a nice coach. The Outlaw is especially nice for us "toy owners" that want to bring them along. You can roll a golf cart, pit bike, scooter, 4wheelers, etc in the back without sacrficing the rear bedroom.
Just a really cool design!
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:15 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a 2008 Daybreak triple slide and have owned it since new and have had no problems over the 10,000 miles we have driven it... Had a couple minor problems when doing the walk through when we bought it nothing major all taken care of by Damon and we are very happy with it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	078.jpg
Views:	1461
Size:	620.9 KB
ID:	13686  
mavric65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #8

We've thoroughly enjoyed our Damon Ultrasport. We bought it (used) in May have put about 3000 miles on it thus far. We just got back from our long vacation in New Mexico, the Damon performed flawlessly.

I get so tired of the brand bashing on some sites, it's nice to come here and read about other Damon owners who are enjoying their purchases.

Camp on!
OkieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to JimmyLeggett
i am pretty much happy with my 09 astoria bunk model. The things we don't like we are fixing ourselves as much as we can. The sleeper sofa is not used because it is such a poor design, but that has been corrected in the 11 and 12 astorias. The bunk beds did not come with a ladder or safety rail for the top bunk, both were corrected by me. the sofa will be replaced soon and with the bunk beds don't really have need of it.

We just recently finished a six week long trip out west to south dakota, wyoming, and montana. had some gen problems but cummins fixed them in Elkhart and made it right. New roof from the hail damage on the trip.

otherwise we are enjoying the coach. good value for the money.
JimmyLeggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:18 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
We weekend in our Outlaw and plan a couple of week long trips each year. We've had ours for just over two years now and have just over 20k on it. We bought it to haul the bike as well as taking our dog with us. We've enjoyed traveling to and waking up at so many different places since we bought it that now we think RV'ing constantly.

Our Damon is serving us well and we couldn't be happier.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
I'm a full timer in my Damon Outlaw 3612 (with the Murphy Bed) and couldn't be happier with the rig. Mine's a diesel so my mpg sucks wind, which is the extent of my negatives at the moment since it was my choice (never again). . .LOL.

I have to echo Don's comments about manufacturing, and add that with the small improvements we all make (deck, lights, etc) that these special rigs become even more enjoyable. Now, if we could just get more of them on the road!
Old 09-24-2011, 05:01 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I didn't know this about your rig. I didn't know they even offered a diesel in these things. I only get 7 mpg in my gasser so how bad could yours be?

As for getting more of them on the road, I kinda like being special
Old 09-25-2011, 07:39 AM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
I didn't know this about your rig. I didn't know they even offered a diesel in these things. I only get 7 mpg in my gasser so how bad could yours be?

As for getting more of them on the road, I kinda like being special
My mpg, like everyone I guess, varies between high 6 and high 7. Mostly right in the 7.78 range when I'm pulling the TOAD and have the bike in the back. Having said that, let me qualify it with this; when I first started traveling I was pulling a 30' flatbed with a 330ci, switched to a Jeep 4 down, then a Hummer H2, and have finally settled on a Mini Cooper S (yes, I love my toys). So, most of that mpg rating was pulling a far heavier load then normal (both the trailer and the H2 were in the 6k weight range). Ask me again after make the move back to South Florida in a month and I'll let you know if it improves any.

Are you having any issues with your 6 speed jumping in and out of overdrive (6th gear) over the smallest of grades?

It's one of those little things that drives me nuts on occasion!
Old 09-25-2011, 05:58 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BpK9Miami View Post
Are you having any issues with your 6 speed jumping in and out of overdrive (6th gear) over the smallest of grades?

It's one of those little things that drives me nuts on occasion!
Yes, mine does that as well so I don't use cruise control except for fairly level areas. We travel to the Smoky Mountains a lot so I keep it out of cruise control whenever we're there. Mine being a gasser, I like to control the RPM myself to keep it within a reasonable range. I don't know the first thing about diesel setups.

Tags
thor, damon, outlaw