Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2017, 01:23 PM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I need some HWH jack numbers...

Hi everybody, I need some help with my new to me 2002 Damon escaper 4087. I don't have a manual for my new rig, and I blew out the seals on an HWH Jack. Unfortunately for me the decals on the jacks are largely unreadable. So I know it's a longshot, but I'm hoping That somebody who also owns a Damon escaper 4087 might be able to give me some help here. It's the front left jack and the last two digits in the part number are 97. I went to HWHs website, but there are too many potential matches to be sure of which one I have... Thanks in advance for your assist.
Ggnutsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2017, 01:39 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ggnutsc, Chuck at Stuart's Service is a valuable detail source for how to repair. I have purchased replacement solenoid valves and pump assemble in the past from him. He has walked me through trouble shooting steps on the HWH system in the past and I have always be able to do the fix. I am sure he can help with the jack.

FYI (1-574-262-0225)

Safe Travels and THE JOY IS IN THE RIDE
RV735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:18 AM   #3
Commercial Member

look on the other front jack. the numbers should be the same.
if not get the stroke of the rt frot jack, and the diameter of the silver shaft.
if you cant get the stroke, measure the length of the outter barrel from top to bottom. that should identify the size. also measure the thickness of the mounting racket. this will dentify whether the pivot is wide or narrow.
get those and call me at 602-549-3638. maybe i casn help.
i work for hwh.
i do not sell parts or silicit serv ice work on this forum.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:05 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
So I crawled under the RV and snapped some photos of the jacks, and what I found was that the label on the passenger side jack is as bad as the one on the driver's side.

Pete you mentioned that they should be the same, but since I can see the last two digits I can see that the one ends with 98 and the other one ends with 97... I was able to get a clear photo of one of the rear jacks and it looks like it is a 12000 Lb jack. (AP9552) I will attach the photos. The other thing I face is that I cannot extend the jacks to get a measurement since I'm low on hydraulic fluid after blowing out the one jack. I do not have a manual or info so I don't know what to put back into the reservoir.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0387.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	151724   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0388.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	242.5 KB
ID:	151725  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0397.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	247.6 KB
ID:	151726   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0398.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	151727  

Old 02-13-2017, 11:15 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Great News!! I Called Chuck at Stuart's service and he was able to get me all of the pertinent info about my jack cylinders for future reference. He had a replacement jack in stock and is sending it out to me today. I can't say enough about the level of customer service he provides! Thanks to both RV735 and Azpete for the rapid responses to my post. I try to do most of my repair tasks myself, but sometimes I need a little help to get the correct resources!! I'm looking forward to some great time on this Forum!!

Tags
hwh