RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I need to remove the front captains chairs armrests

Does anyone know how to remove the armrests from the front seats. They are leather and the foam in the rests are distorted. The leather has a zipper but the arm rest has to be removed before you can remove the leather cover. Thanks for any help.

angelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Look at the bottom of the seat back. There is probably some sort of closure that you can get into the back and reach a nut that hold on the arm'

If that does not work you can always get the Saws-All out

Ken

Old 07-16-2010, 11:18 AM   #3

Those captain chairs if like mine have a stop on them ya just push straight in and back that should release it straight out
DOUG2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:04 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'll give that a try. I was able to get under the seat but it looks like a welded rounded-off piece holding the arm rest. I will check to see if I can push in on the stops. Thanks
Old 07-16-2010, 04:05 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
remove arm rests

Hi Angelman;
To remove my arm rests I had to tip the seat rearward to the max. While pushing the arm rest inward I rotated the arm rest forward about 120 degrees as related to the seat back. It took a lot of wiggling but they come off. Other manufacturers have different ways but it is the same type of method.. I suggest that you do a search on "remove arm rests" or install seat covers. They do come off but not easily for me. Once their off you can see how it works.
Have fun
Milt
Old 07-19-2010, 05:57 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks guys, I was able to get them off very easily. The hard foam in the center section of the armrest had become unglued from the 2 outer softer pieces. I replaced the inner section with memory foam that I had left over after cutting to fit the mattress. I also put a half inch thick layer across the whole top for extra softness and comfort. It came out excellent. Make sure you rewrap the foam in light plastic or else youll never slip the leather covers on easily. Also I used a 3M product called M77, its a spray on contact cement for foam. Thanks
Old 07-27-2010, 11:46 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelman View Post
Does anyone know how to remove the armrests from the front seats. They are leather and the foam in the rests are distorted. The leather has a zipper but the arm rest has to be removed before you can remove the leather cover. Thanks for any help.
In the Motorhome I did it on, a 1986 Champion, it turned out to be pretty simple. I raised the armrest pushed it in held it in and lowered it and the arm rest came off.

KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote