RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2016, 06:03 AM   #1

I upset the Outlaw

So last week there was a thread asking if anyone rents their RV. The summary of my post was that I we rent it but in order to do so you can't get too attached, it's a business not a 2nd home. The day after posting that the RV was returned from a rental and apparently I hurt it's feelings when I said my wife and I wouldn't let ourselves get too connected to it. Everything looked great, the people loved it. After they left I put the leveling jacks down and half way through the leveling sequence the front left hydraulic line blew leaving a half gallon of ATF in the street by my house. The new line was $200 and no problem to install, however after installing it the system would no longer retract the jacks. LCI was more than helpful in getting the jacks retracted but also in troubleshooting. As it turns out the line blew because a diode pack is burnt out which caused the manifold to get stuck in extend. When it went to drop the left side it actually extended it and that combined with the wear spot on that hydraulic line did it in. What was really cool on LCI's part is that after diagnosing this they sent me a new controller and harness free of charge! My rig is an 09 so getting anything covered under warranty is a stretch. I'm thinking this may be a little bit more common of a problem than they would like to admit because the diagnosis took about 5 minutes and they suggested mailing me free parts. Either way the parts should be here this week, now I just need to find where the controller is so I can swap it with the new one.

just4plaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2016, 12:30 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Cort,

Best luck on renting your RV. We could never do that for the exact reason you described, too emotionally connected (with lots of TLC, modifications, and personal touches) plus there's that whole cleanliness factor with strangers in our bed and bath

The Leveling System main brain is on the centerline of the ceiling of the pass thru bin just behind the entry door. It is screwed to the bin ceiling and covered with a black plastic box/cover that is also screwed to the ceiling. We replaced ours due to failure, documented here:
Lippert Leveling Jack Intermittent Outage

Notice the comment about the connector style change with the old harness and new style brain...requires a pig-tail adapter.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote