Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #113

Does anyone have problem with their home ent. system fitting in their cabinet my system which i think came from the factory is a sony and i cant close the door when the hdmi cable is plugged in.
lobeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #114

Yes, in fact trying to make it all fit the HDMI cable became disabled. So after about 3k I have a new HD sat dish, receiver and the clients all wired to the Sat receiver which is now above the main TV.
dsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:44 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbear View Post
Yes, in fact trying to make it all fit the HDMI cable became disabled. So after about 3k I have a new HD sat dish, receiver and the clients all wired to the Sat receiver which is now above the main TV.
Our DVD player has never worked...sound but no picture...the techs at Camping World believe the HDMI cable is bad...most likely somebody at the factory put a nail through it during construction...they will replace next week when they put the new roof on...
Jim Estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:39 PM   #116

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Steps

Quote:
Wow, Jim that sounds like a real pain. Fortunately we don't have to winterize and ours was primed predelivery.

On a different note our power steps have started popping on fully retraction and full extension. They still work just pop really loudly at both ends of their cycle.
My steps started making sounds like that until the pin though the cam that retracts and extends fell out. My step gear is made by Lippert who probably have some good ideas but all their stuff is made in China. I replaced the pivot pin and sealed the treads with Locktite red which is what the manual said. There was minimal evidence of Locltite blue with the pin that fell out. So far so good.
Britcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #117

thanks dsbear i was thinking about doing that but wondered how hard it would be getting the satellite cable to the tv and also hooking up the box to be able to watch the dvd on the tv outside which im not able to do because the video rca jack is broke off in the unit anybody ever tried to get one of those out. happy travels
lobeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:35 AM   #118

Quote:
Did you have a bomb (box of many buttons) installed? Thats what I have...I can watch all three TVs via sat/air/cable... But with the Dish Tailgater I have to watch the same channel on all TVs when I am using sat TV...
Old 08-15-2013, 04:41 AM   #119

No, I had the DirecTV Genie installed can watch any channel on any tv. The downside is that only main TV gets DVD from the main DVD player.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #120

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
The map lights in my 2011 / 3772 are the proverbial PITA. They snag when swinging the seats around and when the night shades are drawn down. Does anyone have a suggestion for replacing them. In the same vein the coach is a bit short on overhead cab lighting for sitting in the front seats when watching TV. Has anyone done anything creative in this area
Britcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:01 AM   #121

Hi all, I hope that everyone has great plans for the long weekend. We will be tailgating at Baylor University.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #122

That sounds like a blast...College Football! We are still waiting for our coach to be finished...THOR authorized a complete new roof install...the leaks came from a couple of spots where our awnings are attached...the plywood underneath the TPO was wet with a small area of rot...all replaced. I have pics of the process but they are quite large files...not sure if I can upload them...anyway CW Statesville is doing a really good job...which includes repainting all along the sides of the coach where the TPO folds over the sides...should be ready in another week!
Old 08-29-2013, 06:32 AM   #123

Jim,

Glad to hear Thor has been so good to work with.

We just got Thor back from the shop from repairing the damage caused from a forced off road detour in AZ back in June. The front and back caps bottomed out while being routed around a fatal accident. This cause numerous stress cracks in both caps. So, it was a lengthy and expensive repair.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #124

Bear,

I bet that was exciting and white knuckles!

There are multiple points on our roof where the awning attaches...I wanted everybody to check theirs out...for soft spots...you most likely will not see a leak...but the roof will fell a little soft...check the Dicor lap compound really well and make sure there are no cracks in it!

I wish our awnings were on the slide...

Oh well...have fun tail gating!
Old 08-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #125

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kedanie View Post
Another Astoria owner here. 2010 3470 Astoria. Got it about 1.5 years ago as part of an estate sale for a real good price. Put lots of miles on it including a trip last fall to Key West FL. No major problems.

Keith
2010 Astoria 3470, purchased Dec 2012. Absolutely fantastic MH
LEZM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #126

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Key West favorite winter destination. Heading south end of Dec for another year of warmth
LEZM3 is offline   Reply With Quote