Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2017, 11:48 AM   #855

water heater and slides

Thank you for your response. I found the main problem, the 12 volt lead that connects to the slide key (on-off) does not have power. I put 12 volts there and slide and water heater work. I have been using the slides and no problems (learned the hard way on ign key for retracting). My next move is the basement to check stuff in there. Unfortunately it's full. I will update

Thank again
rotorflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2017, 05:21 PM   #856

Ok I found the controller in the basement. looks ok. My trouble shooting found that everything work if I connect 12 volts to the slide key lock switch. The purple wires labeled house do not have enough juice to open the relay (with key switch on). The relay provides a number of grounds. (white wires). If i take 12 volts from a cigarette lighter it will close relay and both sliders will work and water heater works. I need to find why the voltage is not available on those wires (two wires crimped into one terminal) Any idea how to fine the source of those wires.
rotorflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:29 PM   #857

A very sad day on Tuesday, I dropped Thor off at PPL in Houston. He has been a great coach and our family has made a lifetime of memories. As a victim of corporate BS we've been forced to reduce costs on regain liquidity for the time being. Please pray for s speedy sale. Until we meet again it has been a joy to be part of this thread and to help others. Happy Trails
dsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:35 PM   #858

RV stuck

Any help - when placing RV in drive I can feel the shift but it acts as if break is on and wont move. I attempted the rock back and forth briefly but no luck
Not sure what next?

dtb
DBenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:37 PM   #859

Has it been parked awhile? Was it last driven in the rain?
dsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:42 PM   #860

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Do you have full air pressure in your tanks and do you hear the park brake release. Have you been parked long with brake on.
Britcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:42 AM   #861

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbear View Post
Has it been parked awhile? Was it last driven in the rain?
Rv has been parked for a couple weeks and our area has been hit with a ton of rain during this time

Air pressure is good and parking break sounds as if it is releasing with the loud air pop sounds

DtB
Old 05-30-2017, 06:46 AM   #862

Sounds like the brake pads have rusted to the drums. I guess a couple weeks is long enough setting to allow them to stick. Can't say I know the growth rate of rust.
I've read where rocking the coach back and forth from D to R with some force can break them loose.
gsf35099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:27 AM   #863

I am hoping that rust is the issue -- I attempted to rock back and forth for a couple times but was afraid of creating damage so didn't continue - I may try again this afternoon
Old 05-30-2017, 12:08 PM   #864

I've read it can take some pretty good force to break some loose. Would make me a little nervous trying to move & not.
You said you can feel the coach try and move when in gear, right?

Maybe just keep moving back & forth several times with a little force. If it really is rusted brake pads, they will brake free from what others have shared.

If that didn't work and it were mine, I would spray the heck out of pads to drum area with PB Blaster, but that may damage the pads. I just don't know. I would have to do some searching to better answer that.

Oh ya, may sound stupid me asking, but the leveling system is up and off the ground, right?
Old 05-30-2017, 01:03 PM   #865

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsf35099 View Post
I've read it can take some pretty good force to break some loose. Would make me a little nervous trying to move & not.
You said you can feel the coach try and move when in gear, right?

Maybe just keep moving back & forth several times with a little force. If it really is rusted brake pads, they will brake free from what others have shared.

If that didn't work and it were mine, I would spray the heck out of pads to drum area with PB Blaster, but that may damage the pads. I just don't know. I would have to do some searching to better answer that.

Oh ya, may sound stupid me asking, but the leveling system is up and off the ground, right?

Yep - jacks are up - in fact on my Rv when the air break is released and jacks are down - the jacks will automatically retract
Old 05-30-2017, 02:19 PM   #866

Yahooo - alittle more persistence and my brakes let loose and the Rv is rolling again
After reading all your replies as well as other folks sharing similar experiences, I was a little more braver to rock back and forth a little harder....after a few bangs with the hammer on the drums and some rockin - I finally got it rolling !!

Thanks to all for valuable input to help a non mechanical personal not spend several hundred dollars on having someone else fix

DtB
Old 05-30-2017, 09:18 PM   #867

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBenson View Post
Yahooo - alittle more persistence and my brakes let loose and the Rv is rolling again
After reading all your replies as well as other folks sharing similar experiences, I was a little more braver to rock back and forth a little harder....after a few bangs with the hammer on the drums and some rockin - I finally got it rolling !!

Thanks to all for valuable input to help a non mechanical personal not spend several hundred dollars on having someone else fix

DtB
Glad to hear it. Thanks for letting us know the outcome.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:41 AM   #868

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
Is there a compatible Air Conditioner replacement for our ducted Carrier Air V units? After ten years our front unit is not working correctly.
SteveOGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote

« Bouncing Daybreak | - »