Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2018, 05:27 AM   #911

Ours comp. light fuse is in the BCC, 15a fuse position J4-4 (post #898). Can you get a picture of your BCC and post? It could be labeled different?

Also, if you would put your coach info in your signature line for other to see, could generate more help.

Good luck.

--John--

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsf35099 View Post
Hello gang,
Anyone happen to know where the fuse might be for the compartment bay lights? I’ve checked the BCC and it’s not there.

Thanks for any help.
Tankd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2018, 06:19 AM   #912

Thanks John,
I will see what I can do about trying to get a picture of my bcc, but I used my meter and ohmed out every fuse (unless I missed one) & didn't find a bad fuse.

Rig info: 2005, Astoria 3679

I double checked my signature info & my rig info is still there. Only thing I can think of is I used my iPhone to login & post.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:15 AM   #913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britcanuck View Post
Hi all, does anyone know the make of the cabinet door hinges used in 2010 and earlier Astorias? I have found a Blum and a Glass hinge that are close but not exactly. The hinges in my coach have three screws on the frame side which presumably are for adjustment. I am hesitant to experiment as the frame material is not solid wood and any working of the screws results in a useless hole. I would like to get instructions for adjustment to eliminate experimentation. Some of the frame mountings don't look like the correct hinge has been used and there is already deterioration on the frame. If anyone has had experience with these hinges I would like to hear your success stories and tips. Thanks
Hi britcanuck, I'm not sure of the brand of hinges on mine either and mine are installed with the three screws on the door with two in the frame. I just checked again & my frames are actually wood & have held well for the ~10 years we've had the rig with exception to one door over the sink. For some reason they installed shims behind the hinge on the frame side to align the door. Looks good closed, but the two screws keep coming loose. Fortunately I've got enough wood remaining to install larger diameter screws to allow for a tighter hold.
The 3 screw side on the door allows for the screws to be loosened & the hinge can be slid from side to side on mine for adjustment. I'll try & get a few pics, but these things don't look to have much adjustment.
Sorry I couldn't help more.
Good luck.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:55 AM   #914

Found something interesting for a location. Below is on an Astoria/Pacific edition manual. I believe the year 2006/2007.
In this, the compartment fuse is located in the House fuse bank, location 'G' with a 15a fuse. Might give that a look.

Other than that, I haven't found much. Good luck.
--John--

Quote:
Thanks John,
I will see what I can do about trying to get a picture of my bcc, but I used my meter and ohmed out every fuse (unless I missed one) & didn't find a bad fuse.

Rig info: 2005, Astoria 3679

I double checked my signature info & my rig info is still there. Only thing I can think of is I used my iPhone to login & post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	electrical.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	215168   Click image for larger version

Name:	electrical2.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	215169  

Old 08-16-2018, 06:45 AM   #915

Thanks John,
Really appreciate the effort you've put in to this to help me out. That is what I truly like about this forum. Great people working to help each other out. I will be checking into that panel this weekend at the latest.

Kaven
Old 08-20-2018, 04:46 PM   #916

Thought I'd share this for the Astoria owners. I was waxing the coach and came upon the patio light fixture 'sunken in' for better terms. I'm not sure if the heat from the bulb distorted it or not. I did find the part numbers to the Bargman white and black version. I was able to just replace the plastic fixture and not worry about the metal backing or wires. Damon/Thor actually used a white one and painted it black. Only difference I can see in the black one I installed was no clear coat.
Hopefully not to go through this again, I ordered a 'corn' LED to replace the bulb. Before I covered it up, I wrote the part number on the plate so no more research.
I also have another on the drivers side and it was ok. Just something to look at while your are around that patio light.
Bargman
Black p/n: 3080005
White p/n:3008002
--John--
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180819_104954.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	215789   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180819_105056.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	215790  

Name:	20180819_112336.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	215791   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180819_112450.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	215792  

Name:	20180819_112506.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	277.1 KB
ID:	215793  
Old 08-22-2018, 09:22 AM   #917

Damon Owners Club
Hi Keith. Welcome to this small group. I served in the Air Force 1968-1972 with 69-70 in NKP Thailand.
a1snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 09:44 PM   #918

Damon Owners Club
check the bolts that hold the steps up to the chasis. If you don't have a torque wrench you may want your dealer to check that.
a1snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 01:09 PM   #919

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Smile Manually winding up jacks

I guess most of us at some time have had a problem with the Lippert levelling jacks on our coaches. Winding them up manually is a horrible job as the hex nut on the end of the pump motor is inaccessible. I was thinking about cutting a round hole in the front cap that is level with the end of the pump and putting a rubber grommet in the hole. That way if I had to do a manually wind up I could use a cordless drill through the hole. In a Lippert video it shows doing the wind up with a sensibly installed pump with an easy to reach hex nut. Has anyone done this? It shouldn't be too difficult as long as your measurements are right but I'd like to hear if anyone else has done this. I hate being the guinea pig!
Britcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 01:22 PM   #920

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Hi britcanuck, I'm not sure of the brand of hinges on mine either and mine are installed with the three screws on the door with two in the frame. I just checked again & my frames are actually wood & have held well for the ~10 years we've had the rig with exception to one door over the sink. For some reason they installed shims behind the hinge on the frame side to align the door. Looks good closed, but the two screws keep coming loose. Fortunately I've got enough wood remaining to install larger diameter screws to allow for a tighter hold.
The 3 screw side on the door allows for the screws to be loosened & the hinge can be slid from side to side on mine for adjustment. I'll try & get a few pics, but these things don't look to have much adjustment.
Sorry I couldn't help more.
Good luck.
Thanks gsf35099
Actually your comments were helpful. I found a few shims and I can see their purpose. I did slacken off the three screws and get the door adjusted a bit. I wish the frame rails were wood and not composite but I found that enlarging a hole and filling it with Bondo and tooth picks then redrilling works well.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:09 AM   #921

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
I guess most of us at some time have had a problem with the Lippert levelling jacks on our coaches. Winding them up manually is a horrible job as the hex nut on the end of the pump motor is inaccessible. I was thinking about cutting a round hole in the front cap that is level with the end of the pump and putting a rubber grommet in the hole. That way if I had to do a manually wind up I could use a cordless drill through the hole. In a Lippert video it shows doing the wind up with a sensibly installed pump with an easy to reach hex nut. Has anyone done this? It shouldn't be too difficult as long as your measurements are right but I'd like to hear if anyone else has done this. I hate being the guinea pig!

Hi britcanuck
I think that is a good idea. I myself am not so good in diy
so I was thinking to let a coachbuilder make a little entrancedoor ( I do not know the english word for it)
to be able to reach the pump if needed.
But your idea sure is more easy to do.
Kind regards
Karel from Holland.
Carel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:25 PM   #922

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Charging chassis batteries

Does anyone know if the chassis batteries in our Astoria's get charged when we are hooked into shore power? With most DP manufacturers the answer is no but I saw a YouTube video that said that Thor coaches all have a trickle charge to the chassis's when on shore power. Anyone know the right answer. I'm not very good with meters and the like that's why I know that someone out there has the answer!
Old 10-01-2018, 01:57 PM   #923

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Does anyone know if the chassis batteries in our Astoria's get charged when we are hooked into shore power? With most DP manufacturers the answer is no but I saw a YouTube video that said that Thor coaches all have a trickle charge to the chassis's when on shore power. Anyone know the right answer. I'm not very good with meters and the like that's why I know that someone out there has the answer!

Hi Britcanuck,
I am also very interested to know whether the chassisbattery is charged when on shorepower. So I hope Someone will give the answer. I myself would like to know because when I am on shore and After Some weeks try to retract the jacks I always get een low power sign.
Hope someone knows.
Karel from Holland
Carel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:25 AM   #924

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
In our case it does, but we swiched out the original for a Magnum2800 pure sinewave inverter/charger. I believe the original one also charged both the chassis and house batteries.
SteveOGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote

« Bouncing Daybreak | - »