Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #1

Is there a group of Astoria Owners?

Just checking, if not should we start one?
dsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
Hi,
We have a 2008 Astoria 3786 PE. Between the Damon and Freightliner forums I get most of my questions answered. If you care to start another forum, count us in.

Steve
SteveOGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Hi,
As you know we would join the Astoria owners group. We have a 2011 40KT which was purchased new last fall. Making a trip to the factory in May for warranty items that need attention. Have been out in MH only once unfortunately for a brief shakedown. Interesting windshield wiper problem on the way home in the rain, drivers side wiper goes to far both ways and actually goes several inches past windshield and about 3 inches past the bottom of windshield. Called Thor and because it is a safety issue were instructed to take it to Frieghtliner for repair before the trip in May to the factory. Since we live near Kansas City there is a Frieghtliner facility close that we have had service done. Barb
bbunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #4

Sounds good to me...I would like to know how everybody's is behaving! You don't see that many out there which is hard to believe...we love ours!
Jim Estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:43 AM   #5

How much air are you guys running in your tires...I have not done a 4 corner weight...I put 110 psi in all 4 yesterday...she had been sitting for a few months and was down to around 95 psi in all 4...max is 120 on the Goodyears...I suspect I am a little high but figure they will come down a few lbs in the next couple of months...
Old 03-24-2013, 07:43 AM   #6

I go by the wall chart behind the drivers seat and keep it at 120#s, not real scientific but is what the dealer recommended.

Out of curiosity what did the corners weigh?
Old 03-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbear View Post
I go by the wall chart behind the drivers seat and keep it at 120#s, not real scientific but is what the dealer recommended.

Out of curiosity what did the corners weigh?
I have not got a weight yet...dont know when I will have the chance so I figured 110 is sort of in the middle...might be a little firm...but if you are runnin 120 and it feels good...means we have some nice coaches...!
Old 03-25-2013, 12:13 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We had our Astoria weighed at Henderson's in OR. They indicated 110 in each tire. We have used that as the number for since 2010. Seems to work at our weight.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:13 AM   #9

Wow...looks like I got lucky puttin 110 in all tires! I tell ya what...that thing drives like a dream...hard to believe how smooth and steady it feels...
Old 03-25-2013, 11:37 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jim,
Now is the time to take it to Alaska. We drove our 2008 Astoria to Alaska for 90 wonderful day in 2010. The family enjoyed Canada a bit more than Alaska, but the 24 hours of sun shine on June 21 is cool.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:00 AM   #11

No doubt about that Steve! We plan on doing that...have a friend in Valdez that fishes and hunts all the time...but I got to "retire" again before we make that trip! Shoot I will be happy going down to the Keys when it gets cold here in Va ;-)
Old 04-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #12

Well it looks like there are only 4 Astoria owners here, so I guess we keep this thread open and ask and answer each others questions to the best of our ability.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:37 AM   #13

Thats hard to believe...must have not been many of them made. Or they dont break that much so owners dont come on here with problems...but I am afraid about any of them have problems on occasion.

Bear...I saw your post about your inverter...A Magnum Energy is in mine...I can take photos if you still need them. Speaking of which I am still not sure if our Norcold Fridge is hooked up to it or not...new coach still figuring things out...

Dumb question of the day: how do I change out the little light bulb in the fixture above the kitchen table...there are two of them and one is burned out...unscrewing does not work...wonder if you push in and then twist...

Enough for now!

Enjoy your Astoria's!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #14

I figured the the bulb out...push up and turn...looks like a 12 volt trailer light bulb...