RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
jensen by the bed radio smoke checked

Mine died yesterday smelled a burning a smell
sooooooo
what have you guys replaced yours with?
i was looking at a nice slim one with cd and aux speaker inputs so i can hear the tv whilst i lay in bed and watch movies
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vin CZ85703 JENSEN RADIO21.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	9558   Click image for larger version

Name:	vin CZ85703 JENSEN RADIO22.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	9559  

Click image for larger version

Name:	vin CZ85703 JENSEN RADIO26.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	9560  

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #2

Can't you have that fixed??

John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:17 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
probably but the unit is less than 100 dollars, and i expect a radio repair place would charge two hrs to fix, so i am looking at a sleeker cd, mps etc etc that will drop in the hole instead of sticking out the side where i tend to hit it in my sleep and it comes on

i remember when jensen was a top radio.....its all audiovox now so i assume quality took a dirt nap. maybe it was audiovox the whole time...
the upfront camera and player unit died right after we purchased the rv, it was an auidiovox unit, they replaced it with a jensen
i sent pics to damon, maybe they will send me a new one....but i really dont expect it. Since Thor took over, the line up there has changed so much in the customer service area, its hard to get a person that is able to help, unless its a safety issue
i am hoping they get squared away soon. we like our damon.....but if the economy continues its drop and fuel goes up, we may have to trade up
i see 2010 models that are high priced have begun the slide south, into value priced units

Old 04-16-2011, 06:01 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
wow
i received an email this afternoon, they are looking promising didnt think anyone worked on Saturday up there

Old 04-18-2011, 12:20 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
probably but the unit is less than 100 dollars, and i expect a radio repair place would charge two hrs to fix, so i am looking at a sleeker cd, mps etc etc that will drop in the hole instead of sticking out the side where i tend to hit it in my sleep and it comes on

i remember when jensen was a top radio.....its all audiovox now so i assume quality took a dirt nap. maybe it was audiovox the whole time...
the upfront camera and player unit died right after we purchased the rv, it was an auidiovox unit, they replaced it with a jensen
i sent pics to damon, maybe they will send me a new one....but i really dont expect it. Since Thor took over, the line up there has changed so much in the customer service area, its hard to get a person that is able to help, unless its a safety issue
i am hoping they get squared away soon. we like our damon.....but if the economy continues its drop and fuel goes up, we may have to trade up
i see 2010 models that are high priced have begun the slide south, into value priced units
Not only are they cheaper to replace, BUT (and that is a big but! ) generally, the newer they are the less power they consume and also the smaller they can be. Due in large part to something called surface mount tecnology. Now all the components look alike, it is near impossible to tell a resistor from a capacitor from a small IC.

Gone are the days of fixing the TV and Radio like Shade tree mechanics used to do. In Electronic repair, you not only need a schematic, but in some cases you need specialized tools.
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
WOW
asa just let me know they are sending me a new radio.
I am overjoyed with the level of stepping up
a very nice woman called to confirm my address from ASA electronics
see you just never know what happens when you ask nicely
makes you feel good inside like dancing

Old 04-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
WOW
asa just let me know they are sending me a new radio.
I am overjoyed with the level of stepping up
a very nice woman called to confirm my address from ASA electronics
see you just never know what happens when you ask nicely
makes you feel good inside like dancing

I would like to mention that Coleman is also very accommodating.

Years ago I purchased a Display Model Road Trip grill from the store. When I bought it I didn't fill out the warranty with Coleman. Because it was a display, I reasoned it was "as is". I got a heck of a deal from the store. When I got the grill home it didn't have a regulator. I called Coleman and they sent a new regulator for free. Around 5 to 7 years later one of the burners wouldn't turn on.

Again I called Coleman and they gave me a work order told me to strip it down to the bottom and the gas piping. I did and sent it in. For the cost of shipping the old unit back they in turn sent me a brand new grill, Identical to the one I had right down to the color.

When we find companies that stand behind their work we should have a place to post their names and what they did for us. That way others would benefit from our experiences.
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree
the ones that step up should be put on a banner
forest river went above and beyond on our fiver

and so far Damon has done pretty good

norcold has been intolerable with their attitudes, buy our product but don't bother us later.

freightliner has been over the top helpful

I was unsure how ASA or thor would handle the radio, as it was out of warranty...but i am pleased at the end result

Old 04-22-2011, 01:24 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
update
radio arrived this morning, installed and tested and all is good

Old 04-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #10

Glad to hear your back in bussiness...

John H... is offline   Reply With Quote