RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2008, 05:14 PM   #1

Going away tomarrow, and after reading on here many times that i should always check tire pressure before going anywhere i decided to be a good boy and do just that.

So i goto Kragen and buy a double sided pressure gauge. When i get home i attempt to check the pressures on my Damon 3274 (2007 Ford Chassis. First the Rear set. Well the outside tire valve stem faces in towards the inner tire, No matter what i tried i cannot get the pressure checker on it. I tried laying under motor home and coming at it from between the tires even.
And as far as the inner tire, I don't even see a valve stem to check it.

THen i moved to the front tire, Well of course i can check it.. Well I thought i could. The guage i bought only goes to 75psi and my tires are rated at 95.. So back to the auto store to buy diff gauge.

Can someone please tell me how i check the back tires. I started to do a search of the forums but there is so much talk about tires and pressure that it will take me forever to filter threw it all and i need to be getting the MH ready.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Ford Chasis
PineKap is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2008, 05:14 PM   #2

Going away tomarrow, and after reading on here many times that i should always check tire pressure before going anywhere i decided to be a good boy and do just that.

So i goto Kragen and buy a double sided pressure gauge. When i get home i attempt to check the pressures on my Damon 3274 (2007 Ford Chassis. First the Rear set. Well the outside tire valve stem faces in towards the inner tire, No matter what i tried i cannot get the pressure checker on it. I tried laying under motor home and coming at it from between the tires even.
And as far as the inner tire, I don't even see a valve stem to check it.

THen i moved to the front tire, Well of course i can check it.. Well I thought i could. The guage i bought only goes to 75psi and my tires are rated at 95.. So back to the auto store to buy diff gauge.

Can someone please tell me how i check the back tires. I started to do a search of the forums but there is so much talk about tires and pressure that it will take me forever to filter threw it all and i need to be getting the MH ready.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Ford Chasis
Old 07-17-2008, 10:23 PM   #3

You have to take the wheel covers off to get at the stems on the duals. There is a T handle to remove the 2 nuts that are houlding each wheel cover on. After you remove the cover look hard in one of the holes and you will see the stem. I have a 3270 and the pressure setting is 80 lbs. Look at the sticker beside the drivers seat and it will tell you tire pressure setting front and back. Hope this helps.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:23 AM   #4

Checking the rear tires is a pain. Suggest you have valve extenders installed at some point in time. They will make life easier.

Chuck
Old 07-18-2008, 10:10 AM   #5

Ditto on removing the rear wheel covers, and the 80lbs. I know when I ran 95psi (way I got it from the dealer)in mine I had a very rough ride and the front end wandered something awful.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:32 AM   #6

Thanks for the replies.

I will look for the Tire pressure settings when i get back to the MH.

Should my MH have come with the T handle to remove the covers?

After talking on RV.net i believe i will be getting a Tire monitoring system after i get back from this quick trip. They seem to make things a bit more simple and give peace of mind.

Kevin

Ford Chasis
Old 07-18-2008, 11:28 AM   #7

If you do not have the T-handle to remove the wheel covers, a 1 1/8 deep socket will do the trick. Also the two nuts that are removeable can be identified by little dents in the sidewall of the nuts.

2008 Damon Challenger 377 Platinum Ed.
Bill & Luz is offline   Reply With Quote