Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2016, 07:55 PM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lippert step recall

my recall letter from damon/thor arrived yesterday....
just need to call the dealer for a freebie....
thought it was pretty coincidental, as i had just sent a letter to thor asking about the recall
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2016, 07:24 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
What does the recall address?
markmiiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 12:54 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
to call the selling dealer and they will put on a reinforcement bracket of some kind

90-120 minutes to fix
at no cost
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 02:39 PM   #4

I did a post in the Astoria thread of the recall. It contains a pic of it.
Tankd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:08 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I got my letter today now to see how long to get it fixed
mavric65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 08:33 AM   #6

Does anyone know what the actuall fix is? I have already replaced the shoulder bolt with a new one from Steomberg Carlson. My bolt sheared earlier this year.
If it is something simple I'll just order the part and do the fix myself.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:15 PM   #7

New steps

I just bought an 11 378 Xl T&S and they had to replace the steps. The previous owner had an extended warranty and they replaced it under warranty. I tried to tell them that they could get it done under the recall but they didn't care as the extended warranty would pay. Well that was expensive, they charged them $1598.00 for the stairs, $780 Labour, etc. and taxes to a total of $2600.00 Canadian pesos. Can you say ouch, no wonder extended warranty is so expensive. They told me they could not put in Kwikee steps as it was to much retrofitting. I checked in this morning and noticed the steps were from Kwikee. The difference was the top step was 2" more rise (not exceptable) so they moved the mounting brackets up the 2" and now it is the way it is supposed to be. The old steps had too much rise and almost touched the ground, these ones are about 1" lees rise per step so they are now about 4" from the ground. Also about 2" wider so they fill in the opening better.
Moorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 06:08 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I didn't get a letter, I just stepped out on ours and it gave way and wrenched my back as it folded in...
our step bolt had sheared and glad I had the three foot long zip ties someone suggested here !

I was already in the process having them replaced at a shop,
so called Lippert and they said they would cover it if I coordinated with rv shop...
well shop had already ordered steps and so got a bit of run around...
but finally asked Lippert what would they do if no special circumstances like this...
they said they would pay for the steps and 1 hour of labor... so I suggested they do that and leave the shop out of it... sent them an invoice of where I paid and we'll see if they pay me back.
Old 01-30-2016, 08:38 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorio View Post
I just bought an 11 378 Xl T&S and they had to replace the steps. The previous owner had an extended warranty and they replaced it under warranty. I tried to tell them that they could get it done under the recall but they didn't care as the extended warranty would pay. Well that was expensive, they charged them $1598.00 for the stairs, $780 Labour, etc. and taxes to a total of $2600.00 Canadian pesos. Can you say ouch, no wonder extended warranty is so expensive. They told me they could not put in Kwikee steps as it was to much retrofitting. I checked in this morning and noticed the steps were from Kwikee. The difference was the top step was 2" more rise (not exceptable) so they moved the mounting brackets up the 2" and now it is the way it is supposed to be. The old steps had too much rise and almost touched the ground, these ones are about 1" lees rise per step so they are now about 4" from the ground. Also about 2" wider so they fill in the opening better.
FYI - yet another acquisition for Lippert Components --

RV Industry News - October 2013
Lippert Components Buys Power Gear/Kwikee Products for 35.5 Million -
User1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 12:42 AM   #10

Does anyone know where I can get a image of the bottom of SCS Frigette Coach step. I had to disconnect the coupler with the ball joints that extend the steps and now that sure how they attach to steps. I have a 2006 Damon Astoria
Thanks
quickiwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:56 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickiwe View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a image of the bottom of SCS Frigette Coach step. I had to disconnect the coupler with the ball joints that extend the steps and now that sure how they attach to steps. I have a 2006 Damon Astoria
Thanks
Do these help?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1792734068.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	118240

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image361880292.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	118241