Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2015, 05:57 PM   #1

New Damon Owner

Hi, we are not new to RVing but we are new to the Damon Challenger. It is not new (2001) but we are new to it. So far so good except we can't seem to find the breaker box that holds the breakers for our slide outs. They stopped working and we think that a breaker may have tripped. Any suggestions? Anyway, we live in Florida and hope to spend most of the summer in North Georgia - Florida is wonderful this winter but the summer's really heat up. Mike
mirving1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2015, 07:14 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Good luck with a solution.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:22 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I live in an intruder built on a Workhorse Chassis.
The slide out will have fuses, not breakers far as I know

On my rig there are 4 fuse panels

The main house panel you likely know where it is and it's likely different location than mine, likely does NOT have the fuse for the slide outs. But do not rule this one out.

The main chassis panel is front and center,, You open the hood, stand directly in front and there is a big black box, no label, that's it. Also likely does not contain fuses you are looking for. This is a 100% chassis box.

The Aux Chassis panel.. On my "W" series it's near the parking brake, likewise, nothing to do with the slides.

Back outside, under the hood, over on the driver's side is another black box,, This one says "Intelletec Battery Control Center"

That's #1 on my suspect list as to where you may find the fuse.

Most of the slide outs that Damon used use a current lmiting controller,, Here is how it works.

Rather than switches (limit switches) that sense when the slide is in or out it measures motor current, and if it spikes too high, (Indicating the motor is stalled) it assumes "Limit of travel" and shuts down.

OF course lack of lubrication and other issues can stall the motor.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:16 AM   #4

Great Help

I will examine all you said. It is interesting and frustrating at the same time but you learn a lot when you start digging into it. Mike
mirving1229 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damon