Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2015, 06:49 PM   #15

We did it!!!

Deposit is down. Now we're ordering our Safe-T-Plus steering control, Loadlifter 5000 airsprings, and a Cotek ST2500 inverter for installation prior to pickup. We're already planning our inaugural trip. Exciting!

Thanks so much for the good advice here!

Anthony
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C1468_8679.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	84718  
anthonynalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2015, 08:11 PM   #16
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congratulations are in order for you, enjoy it.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:22 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Anthony,

CONGRATS!! Everything on the ad looks good...
Saw it here: http://www.sicardrv.com/inventory/RV...ICLE_NO=478519

Just FYI;
The cabinet behind the passenger seat is not OEM. A Euro-recliner was there...looked like this:
- HG81003 Sandstone Euro Chair - Price: $310.00 - Factory RV Surplus - 1611 W Bristol St, Elkhart, IN 46514 (800) 325-1461 (574) 262-3327

Other non-OEM things in the photos:
The diagonal entry grab bar.
The hanger hooks over the sofa/dinette and the non-OEM cabinet.
Several of the basement bin door prop/lifts (one appears lose on the door end).
Mid-coach curtain.
Pivot mirror and hanger bar in the bathroom.
The heavy black frame on the garage walls.

The garage often had a separate (third) TV, but not shown in the photos. But they all could easily be replaced. The loft and garage TV's were set-up with quick release mounts to be swapped and to use as the exterior TV on a mount in the bin just to the rear of the entry door. Mount was the OmniMount QM100F:
http://www.cnet.com/products/omnimount-qm-100f-bracket/

The mid-curtain is a great idea to separate the coach into 2 zones for heating/cooling.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:12 PM   #18

Thanks guys! I first thought that cabinet was a bad choice instead of the chair, but there's only two of us, and more storage and counter space seems like a good thing for us. None of the TVs bother me since they're definitely gonzo!

For the kind of electronics we're used to, I hope the Cotek ST2500 is a good choice. I really don't know about the method of operation (switch this off, then this on, lather, rinse, repeat) but that'll come as long as I got the right thing.

I've also just discovered extended warranties from places like Good Sam and Coach-Net (also providing roadside assistance). The latter offers RV "tech support" so being a rookie I can see that being handy. That's a feature of the roadside assistance though, the extended warranty is another thing altogether. I have no idea what to expect price-wise, but I have a few "personalized" quotes coming in.
anthonynalli is offline   Reply With Quote