Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2009, 09:39 AM   #1

Exclamation New Tuscany 2010

Good Day All,
We very recently picked up our new 2010 Tuscany 4078. I am amazed with the list of things that were wrong with the unit. We have a great dealer here in NW Ontario with a first class Tec ..... so many issues were solved by them. But the fact that Damon released the unit with all the issues blows me away. Don't get me wrong we love the unit..... but
There are a couple of things that we are still scratching our heads over and hopefully somebody out there can help.
1. There is no audio from the rear backup camera. We have been told that the new dash entertainment centre will not support the audio only the picture. Is this normal ?????
2. The electric entry step cover. When activated it comes up but stops about 1.5 inches from the floor. Is this normal ????

Thanks
Phil Crook is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2009, 10:04 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I feel your pain. Take a look at my post under the Damon forum called "Tuscany falling apart". Mine is an 09 picked up in April.
roboniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
i wish my microphone would be OFF when i select the turn signals at speed talk about loud noises

congrats on your new unit
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:16 PM   #4

Help

Thanks Guys,

So I take it your audio works. What about the step....... does it come all the way up so it is level with the main coach floor ?????

Thanks Again
Old 08-09-2009, 10:40 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
I have a 2008 4055 and the step cover comes up flush and I dont have vol on back up cam,didnt know I was suspose too.We went Friday too dealer and back on Sat.,got parts in on problems when we bought and got in house warrenty work done.We love the ride like driving a Expedition(Ford).

DBOL
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:30 AM   #6

Thanks,

The in-dash system is the Jensen. It is a great entertainment unit .... does everything.... DVD, radio, iPod, GPS ...... BUT will not give us sound for the backup camera. The backup camera information states it does allow for audio. ....... Does anybody out there have this Jensen system and get audio from the backup camera.

Again thanks.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:51 AM   #7
doc

Appalachian Campers
We also wish the mic was not working on the camera system. This Jensen system on our 2008 Essence is not what it should be. You cannot have the camera on the rear and listen to the radio or a CD at the same time. When playing a DVD, you get no sound from the bedroom TV. While trying to load a CD this past spring I hit the tilt button to tilt the GPS screen in order to access the CD slot and the tilt feature just quit. Blown fuse? Everything else in the system has power on it.
Step well cover -
Our steps that come level with the floor stopped working and jammed in a partial up position last week while enroute home. I am sure this is a broken shear pin, but I cannot figure how to access the motor and mechanism under the steps that make them work. I looks like one must remove the rubber step cover and then the underlying wood base.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
my steps do every now and then go POP on the retract
I also installed a bypass for the ground switch so the steps stay UP at home and slide my wooden porch/steps up to the coach.

our in dash thing is scheduled for replacement on Thursday with a new Jensen...I pray its better than the item in there now
I don't understand why we cant have the camera on and still hear a cd, nor get audio in the bedroom if you play a dvd up front, we get video but no sound,

i did add a dvd player to the rear tv just so i can watch a movie in bed and HEAR it

i was told you can unplugg the audio mic feed from the cameras to stop the on raod inputs...however when i did the camera/voyager unit stopped both vid and audio.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:59 PM   #9

Back-up Camera Audio and other functions

I hear these same complaints over and over again regarding the in-dash factory combination units. Unfortunately very few of the manufactures offer anything remotely made for the Motorcoach industry. Most if not all are designed to work on your average automobile/truck/SUV.

I'm sure many of you have researched after market units. The only system I have found and have in my personal coach is this one www.rvnavigation.com. It is not the least expensive unit you will find, however, you will not complain again about the unit not doing what you want it to. This unit allows you to adjust items you are referring to, to “act” the way you wish, not the way someone at their headquarters wanted you to use it!

You will be amazed at the functionality and ease of use of this unit. I would be typing for quite a while if I described in detail what it can do, just visit the website and look for yourself. If you add up all the features and bought them separately, you would spend more than what this unit costs and end up with clutter on your dash!

Sometimes the dealers just don’t get it! Or even know what is available.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:05 PM   #10

Thanks Guys,
Its amazing how the factory get away with this all the time. We pay a lot of money for these units and they can not do a little quality control before they leave the factory. Then we are caught in a long drawn out tooing and throwing with the dealer. I am still not sure what they are going to do with the inside step. Right now it is useless.
The sound system (Jensen) I am going to take to Future Shop and have some real electronic guys look at it. There has to be a way to get sound from the rear camera.