Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: dates available for Rally
3rd week of January 2010 2 16.67%
Last week of January 2010 1 8.33%
First week of February 2010 4 33.33%
2nd week of February 2010 7 58.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
End of next week will work for the date. We are booked the second week of February so we'll see....

Doggy Daddy, this year's Bike Week ought to be something unique with Bruce Rossmeyer's passing this summer. We live just up the road and it is always crazy. I was in Daytona today (I have clients there) and they were already talking about Bike Week being some sort of Bruce Rossmeyer memorial. The Harley dealer in St. Augustine is one of my cleints and they were talking about Bike Week being different.

I don't ride but Bruce did an awful lot of good for the charities in the area.
The Woodieboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2009, 06:39 PM   #16
doc

Appalachian Campers
OK guys, I heard from Pensacola RV park today. Sounds pretty encouraging from what this lady has to say. We need at least 6 rigs to get the discount. If we cannot get 6 Damon rigs, I'll see if I can get a couple of Thor owners from around home here in N Georgia - we all need a break in the winter anyway.
If we decide on this place I'll bring a stack of firewood.
I guess we need to decide if this is the place we want to go. I have never seen it except the site on the net. I suggest we all take a look and make sure we want to commit to this place. If not we can keep looking. I actually sort of like the looks and having never visited that area would like to spend some time there.
Can we list those who are (1) committed to a rally (2) Would be OK with this location.
I have not looked at the poll on when since yesterday and don't know if it's changed or not.
The local dealer has declined to send a coach to Florida, but is going to do a mailing to his Damon customer base.
This is coming together much too easy. Something is bound to have been overlooked
please help me figure the attendee numbers out

Below is the response from the RV park:

Hello,

Thank you for your email. We would be happy to schedule your group if you decide to come our park. Our normal rate is $32.11 per night (with discount and taxes included). If you have a minimum of six rv owners check in and show up, we will be able to give the rate of $25.00 a night plus tax with each having a minimum two night stay. We have full hookups and will also make available to your group our kitchen area which is fully equipped and has tables and chairs for a gathering at no additional charge. There is also a designated area that your group could have a bonfire. Please call us so we can work out any additional details or further discuss your visit.

thank you,

Jeanine
3117 Wilde Lake Blvd.
Pensacola, FL 32526
850-944-1734
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Doc
YOU earned a gold star THANK you sir for your diligence

I agree with the looks of the park. I know the area from pre hurricane Ivan, that area is clean and not to far from what used to be great dinning ( its all about the food now days )

I will second the park.

despite our court system i am going to say we will be there,
the poll is leaning towards feb... 4 folks so far have voted for it.

As for what all we do???
1. baggage door adjustment
2. recalibration of the leveling system
I am open to pretty much anything, even sitting around the fire spinning yarns is good to.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:04 AM   #18

Damon Owners Club
We'll be there except if it is over Feb 14th (booked already). And the place looks good to us.

We have to have a coach crawl just to see what updates and changes everyone has done to their coach....

And I'm all about the recalibration. It is time for ours to be done as ell...
Old 12-05-2009, 11:09 AM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hopefully my wife and I would be able to make it.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:02 PM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Woodieboys View Post
We'll be there except if it is over Feb 14th (booked already). And the place looks good to us.

We have to have a coach crawl just to see what updates and changes everyone has done to their coach....

And I'm all about the recalibration. It is time for ours to be done as ell...

roger a coach crawl
never stop learning
Old 12-05-2009, 08:36 PM   #21

I'd love to go but Can't make any promises.
Ron
Danorske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:22 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I would look forward to it. I have a suggestion in Gulf Shores if interested. Bout an hour or so from Pensacola. It is actually in Foley, Al but I have enjoyed them so much that I actually bought a lot there! Sorry, I am a little biased here but they really are great. Check out Upscale Outdoor Luxury RV Resort in Gulf Shores Alabama Serving Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, Emerald Coast | Bella Terra RV Resort They have high ratings, 3500+sq ft lots, Class A rigs, accommodating 45' no problem. They have hosted several small rallys as well with ample facilities and close to so many things including the Gulf. I am interested in attending, regardless of where and I hope this helps. If ya'll are interested I can get info and contact info. There is also another Damon owner there as well although I do not know if they are members of this forum.
roboniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:10 AM   #23

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Everyone, lets see if we can wrap up the date and place by Thursday evening.

vote/input etc
thanks
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides

Old 12-08-2009, 08:16 AM   #24

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Everyone, lets see if we can wrap up the date and place by Thursday evening.

vote/input etc
thanks

Old 12-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #25

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
ok its Thursday evening
7 voted for the second week of February
Soooooooo
I dont have a problem with the time frame, I hope everyone else can make it as well.
Doc
can you re-engage the campground for a tentative group of seven (magnificent, yule brenner )

Hows sunday the 7th through say the morning of the 10th (three nights should be good or shall we just do two). that way the valentine events can still go as planned

I tried to PM most of yall but the PMs were denied... must be a settings issue

then we can work on a list of TO DO's and the like

1. Coach Crawl
2. Baggage door adjustment
3. etc etc etc (King and I )

Old 12-10-2009, 09:04 PM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
All:

I think we are OK with that date. Might like the 2 vs. 3 day duration as we want to proceed on to South Florida to spend a couple of days with cousins that are wintering there.

We'll follow the discussioon to see what the concensous is.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #27

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyeduffer View Post
All:

I think we are OK with that date. Might like the 2 vs. 3 day duration as we want to proceed on to South Florida to spend a couple of days with cousins that are wintering there.

We'll follow the discussioon to see what the concensous is.

BUMP

Old 12-15-2009, 07:32 PM   #28

Damon Owners Club
We can't do weekdays (dang work thing gets in the way). But do not feel you have to schedule the rally around us. If we can make it we surely will but if not hope you guys have a blast without us....