RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2008, 09:49 AM   #1

Oops, I think I posted this on the wrong thread . . .

Good afternoon. We are in the process of purchasing our first RV. We are a young, late 40's, couple with 5 kids (not all at home) looking to use the RV now on vacations and then in about 5 years, trade in what we get now and go bigger and full time!

We are looking at a 2004 Damon Challenger 371F. Has anyone had this model? What can you tell us about it. Any information would be appreciated!

saddletramp57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2008, 09:49 AM   #2

Oops, I think I posted this on the wrong thread . . .

Good afternoon. We are in the process of purchasing our first RV. We are a young, late 40's, couple with 5 kids (not all at home) looking to use the RV now on vacations and then in about 5 years, trade in what we get now and go bigger and full time!

We are looking at a 2004 Damon Challenger 371F. Has anyone had this model? What can you tell us about it. Any information would be appreciated!

Old 05-15-2008, 11:05 AM   #3

Welcome. I was in the same situation as you a few years ago. I compare the 371 to my Hurricane in that they are inexpensive entry level type gas chassis MH.Please tell us more on your pre purchase unit,ie chassis (ford or workhorse) mileage,condition price etc.My experience is that with the proper maintenance this will be a good starter MH.To give you an example, we paid under $78,000 brand new in 2006, Ford chassis , pretty much all the options,leather ,jacks etc. There are a lot of happy Damon owners here.I am sure they will pipe in.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:32 AM   #4

I have an 04 Damon Intruder, I bought it used with 9k miles on it. It's my second MH and I agree with what Frankie said Damon (Thor) is a Great entry level coach that will give you great service and comfort for a whole lot less than others. Everything works as advertized. Mine is a ford chasis and is the 350 model 36.5 foot. On my last trip Phoenix to Daytona I averaged 8.3 mpg with no toad. Can't find any reason to not like my Intruder.

2008 Presidio
chicken legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 02:23 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
we have a 03 challenger and love it. you don't see a whole lot of damon's for sale.they are well made.we use our's for alot of weekend trip's.and for vacation's. plus if a hurricane (weather) decided to visit us we have an escape vehicle. godd luck on your choice
bmanSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:44 PM   #6

Well, we did it. We actually wound up purchasing a Damon Challenger 348 - we couldn't find a 371 and found a new 2008. It's 36 1/2 feet long and has a Ford chassis. We will be bringing home next Friday. My husband is flying up to Michigan to pick it up and drive it home.

We are very excited and looking forward to a whole new lifestyle!!
Old 05-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
welcome to the damon world. keep us posted on your travel's any ?'s you may have just ask.congrat's on the new challenger and enjoy the lifestyle. it's fun. ....happy camping and safe travel's......kurt
bmanSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:29 PM   #8

Saddletramp, congratulations! We love our 348. The bathroom is large and the living area is large enough. We've had for four trouble free years. Good luck, and send some pictures! We're at Normandy Farms Campground in Mass right now and there is a '08 371 and a '08 377 in our aisle. Funny to see so many Damons here but that's because there's a dealer nearby.

Chandler

Wife, Dee
Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:44 AM   #9

We have a 2006 372F. Love it. No problems really to state. A few little issues but nothing our local dealer can fix.

We are 45 and 46 and kids are all gone..
Love the lifestyle...

Smooth roads!

JeffnKelly is offline   Reply With Quote