RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2008, 04:13 PM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Shellback1
I was getting tired of having the 4 storage doors under the LR slideout hitting me in the head or back everytime I eiher dumped or tried to get something out of the other 3. I found the company that made the other prop rods (Kencon) and order 4 rods, 4 clips and 8 brackets. The cost for the 4 compartments from them was $36.80 that includes shipping. I had to dig up screws and bought a strip of 1x2" oak to use as spacers. Here is the link for Kencon
Kencon

Here is a link of pictures on snapfish --- you don't have to sign up, just click view in the upper right.
snapfish

Hope this helps others. Now I can use the prop sticks that I carred for fire wood.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2008, 02:17 AM   #2

Thanks for the link. I have been looking for them!! The back of my head thanks you!!

Old 07-31-2008, 02:38 AM   #3

I propped mine up untill one day I forgot and opened the slide. One expensive mistake.
ear-doc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:09 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yea that is one reason why I mounted it so it will open like the LP tank compatment so that the LR slide will pass over it ----- not thru it
Old 07-31-2008, 06:15 AM   #5

Thanks for the info. I will have to do that on mine also. Have you come up with any other modifications for you MH?

I use a 3/8 threaded rod to hold my doors open now. One time i forgot to put door down and opened slide. I heard the crunch and though OH ****. When i went around to look, I found the rod bent and no damage to the Slide or compartment door. I got lucky.

Kevin

Ford Chasis
PineKap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:30 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally posted by PineKap:
Thanks for the info. I will have to do that on mine also. Have you come up with any other modifications for you MH?

I use a 3/8 threaded rod to hold my doors open now. One time i forgot to put door down and opened slide. I heard the crunch and though OH ****. When i went around to look, I found the rod bent and no damage to the Slide or compartment door. I got lucky.

Kevin
Yes I posted several on this site. If you don't have an electric element in your water heater, that is a life saver for your LP in the winter months. Also re caulk your shower seams with silicon to prevent leaks -- I had one.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:51 PM   #7

Good Job...

Bill
Old 02-15-2009, 09:56 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On my 08 Outlaw, there were no cargo door supports on all the doors under the slide including the generator.
After watching the Damon virtual tour video on line and their bragging about all the doors having non-water leaking hinges and supports, I demanded supports on all my other doors from my dealer citing the video and laws against false advertising. The dealer contacted Damon and all my cargo and access doors have supports at no expense to me. The generator, grill & LP door uses prop rods that Damon provided.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #9

Thanks Shellback. I ordered mine yesterday. Had no idea till I saw your post where to buy them. Where did you have your leak at in the shower? Was it along the top?
Old 02-17-2009, 01:32 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The shower leak was at the bottom of the left wall as you walk in. I used colored silicon along he seams and no more leaks.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:33 AM   #11

Great idea. I have been using a cut-off broom handle. I'll order a few of these.

Model 3295--Ford V-10
bogeyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote