Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #15

Well, We just got back from a trip to Denver. about 2500 miles total. the Refer presented NO "0" problems.. wish I'd done this a long time ago.

Ron
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2015, 12:22 PM   #16

Send a message via Yahoo to pepawntx
DANORSKE - Read your post with interest. I am going to replace the Norcold in my Tuscany 4076 and I'm considering the Samsung as a replacement. When I look at your pictures, it seems you had to open the top of the cabinet in addition to removing the false floor. Is my observation correct? Also, I see what appears to be two extensions at the bottem to support the front of the refrigerator. Is that also correct? I assume you needed additional depth. Any additional information on your installation will be appreciated. POWERBOATR - Isn=t you Tuscany the 4055? Did you have the same issues with height and depth? What brand and model refrigerator did you go with?
pepawntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 03:37 PM   #17

PEP,
Yes I hand to remove the trim at the top of the old refer, this and the sheet metal ducting that revealed the top of the slide. And the false floor which revealed the carpet. The 2 extensions on the bottom are attached to the floor and the refer leveling adjusters (removed) to prevent the refer from sliding out. Plus a couple of straps at the top to prevent it from tipping out.
I gleaned a lot from this guy's work/pictures, Samsung Refrigerator Install.

Good luck,
Ron
Old 03-22-2015, 04:54 PM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
One suggestion: There are threads here about those Samsung Refrigerators.... Seems many of them have no OFF switch

IF yours is like that here is a suggestion:

BEFORE you pop it in place re-wire the outlet.. You will need some Romex,,,Likely 12 ga but 14 may be good (Same size as what feeds the outlet) a box and a common light switch.

You may need to fully replace the existing outlet if it is a "Quick Box" type,,,Inwhichcase you will need another box.

Using proper connection methods connect the black wire going into the existing outlet box to the black wire on the new wire.. Which runs up to the switch, which can be located anywhere you can easily get to.

now. Route the other wire in the switch pair to the copper screw on the outlet.

White wire (Existing) still goes to the slivery wire and green/bare all connect together. to the green screws.

On/Off switch.

Tags
refrigerator