Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2019, 06:24 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Roof Repair/Replace

Good evening to all. Thanks in advance for any and all help and suggestions. Still new at this so I hope I'm doing this right. My wife and I are new to RVing and bought our first class A late last year. 2004 Damon Daybreak. MY FIRST of many mistakes, I'm sure, was NOT inspecting the roof. That being said, the recent snow fall we've had has brought that issue to the forefront. We are in Chinle, AZ. and I'm wondering if anyone out there can recommend someone that wouldn't be to far from the FOUR CORNERS area. Now I only hope I'll be able to find any responses once they're submitted. Anyway, thanks again and we are really looking forward to our new adventures. God Bless All.
nomad4342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2019, 06:30 PM   #2

Check this website ...
http://www.rvservicereviews.com
texoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:13 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What problems exactly are you having with your roof?
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 07:28 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sorry for not responding right away, I new to all this and still have a little trouble navigating through this forum. Anyway, a side from it being an old roof, (2004 Damon Daybreak) I'm not having any problems right now. I'm hoping to avoid any problem since information I've read mentioned the problems with the weight of too most snow.
nomad4342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 11:16 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you.

Check the link below, the thread offers helpful information for navigating the forums

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/forum...ics-49134.html
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 11:54 AM   #6

If it is no leaking, patched up or all black. Check the caulking all around it and the vents/skylights. I have a 2004 and covered it with Dicor in 2016. Was not in bad shape just thought it would not hurt due to age. Still going strong. Check it every 6 months and touch up with Dicor self leveling caulk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad4342 View Post
Good evening to all. Thanks in advance for any and all help and suggestions. Still new at this so I hope I'm doing this right. My wife and I are new to RVing and bought our first class A late last year. 2004 Damon Daybreak. MY FIRST of many mistakes, I'm sure, was NOT inspecting the roof. That being said, the recent snow fall we've had has brought that issue to the forefront. We are in Chinle, AZ. and I'm wondering if anyone out there can recommend someone that wouldn't be to far from the FOUR CORNERS area. Now I only hope I'll be able to find any responses once they're submitted. Anyway, thanks again and we are really looking forward to our new adventures. God Bless All.
Wrenchch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 02:51 PM   #7

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but since it's on topic... I've been trying to decide If I should redo my entire roof or just re do the seams with caulk. I don't have any leaks that I know of, my roof's off white with a bunch of little grey spots all over it. I don't know what material it is- rubber, fiberglass, etc. Its a 98 intruder, not sure what it came with for roofing material. If i could get away with just touching up the seams with caulk and save some money for now that would be great, but I don't want any regrets down the road either. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Apollo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 11:20 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
According to the sales brochure, you have an EPDM rubber roof. I found this link that talks about how to clean and repair EPDM as well as other roof types.
HarryStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 12:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryStone View Post
According to the sales brochure, you have an EPDM rubber roof. I found this link that talks about how to clean and repair EPDM as well as other roof types.
Thanks, I actually read that same article since posting this. Great minds think alike..
Apollo11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, air, repair, replace, roof