RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2017, 01:18 PM   #1

Siphon tube for winterizing

Ok boys and girls I need a little help.
I have a 2006 damon astoria 3465 DP. I have been watching videos from the rv Geeks (very well done) and I would like to do the thing with vinegar and my water heater. they show to introduce the vinegar using the winterizing tube. There is on the outside. On my MH under the kitchen sink is the waterheater bypass, the water pump a tee to a valve and hose with the end capped off and before the tee is another valve with what looks like a water source of the main tank. I have a picture. The picture appears to be on it's side. The pump is the on the floor. Do I close the feed valve, open the valve before the capped line and use the pump to shuck what liquid the caped line (uncapped of course) is in ??? Thank you for your time
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0921.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	153732

rotorflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2017, 02:07 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Yes, you've got all the plumbing to draw from a jug of vinegar and pump it into the WH. Close the valve from the water tank, open the valve on the flex hose, and suck away. I'd finish with a jug of water (or open the tank valve) and draw a bit of water into the pump and line.

Once the vinegar as had a chance to loosen all deposits, be sure to flush the tank with a spray wand to prevent crud from blocking aerators.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:41 PM   #3

tried today

I was able to put vinegar into the WH but when i closed off the WH I tried to pump chlorine into the fresh water holding tank, the pump built up pressure and turned off. I ended up pouring the mixture into the fill spout for the water tank.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:18 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorflying View Post
I was able to put vinegar into the WH but when i closed off the WH I tried to pump chlorine into the fresh water holding tank, the pump built up pressure and turned off. I ended up pouring the mixture into the fill spout for the water tank.
Your system is set up to pump RV antifreeze into the plumbing system or vinegar into the WH, not pump back into the water tank. The easy way to get chlorine into the water tank is pour it into an empty hose, then hook hose to a water line and push it into the tank.

Bob & Donna
Old 03-07-2017, 11:58 AM   #5

water pump

If you look at the picture (first post) there is a device on the inlet of the water pump, Is that some type of filter and do you think it can be removed and cleaned ??
Old 03-07-2017, 12:26 PM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorflying View Post
If you look at the picture (first post) there is a device on the inlet of the water pump, Is that some type of filter and do you think it can be removed and cleaned ??
Can't really tell from the photo. Often there will be a screen type filter to catch large debris. They generally will have a clear plastic cup that unscrews from the housing to flush out debris. That metal disk could be the top of a screen filter or part of a check valve to prevent back flow. If it's a filter or screen, part should unscrew to clean out or replace cartridge filter, but can't see any sign of a filter covering in the photo.

Bob & Donna

Tags
winter