Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2013, 08:41 AM   #1

Sound under bed pillow area damon kt37ft

Why would Damon put a electrical transfer box that makes low tone sound while y are sleeping right under the head pillow area under the plywood above the floor....and it electrical sending freq not good for sleeping or health?

thanks need your comments:
kika is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #2

You may have a loose connection in the box itself. Disconnect from shore power, turn the disconnect on your house batteries and your chassis batteries off, remove the cover and tighten all connections.
vtbigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We, too, have the same configuration with our 2011 3710. I had the generator worked on a few months ago, and they discovered the transfer switch was bad and it was replaced. Since then, there has been a noticeable difference in the sound (loudness). It now emits a low hum which is tolerable and not bothersome as before.

Bronk
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #4

Thanks Guys! good stuff here....I did have the transfer box replaced but will try to tighten up the connection...the thing that worries me and I worked for Motorola for 30 plus years
though the development of cell phones and antennas affectting humans and i am not sure I like the transfer box emitting freqs. just under my head maybe 18 inchs away.....
I will pursue.......and appreciate any inputs on this....still dont know why the box is not below where my converter is?
kika is offline   Reply With Quote