Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2014, 04:13 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Switch function

Just inside my doorway is a panel with 3 switches. The first controls the steps, the second a courtesy light outside, anyone know what the third does? I thought it might be for the floor mounted accent lights inside, but a switch on the dash controls those.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2014, 04:15 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Battery disconnect?

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:43 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yup battery disconnect or... it may be a 3-way switch working in concert with the dash or main control panel.

on my coach there are 4. plus 2 (the plus 2 have to do with the batteries)

The 4 are: Steps: (Called an override on mine, or power on some locks them out on mine unless I start the engine)

Compartment : Basement storage compartment

Patio/Work (a 3 position switch UP is the patio/porch light, DOWN turns it on as well as the one on the driver's side of the coach)

Ceiling Lights.. 3 of my 7 ceiling lights are controlled both by this one and one on my master panel as well as their OWN switches. ONE of those is the light over the steps.. So If I go out early evening I can turn on the overhead. then as I leave flip this switch.

When I return, before I set foot on a step, I can light 'em up.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:00 PM   #4

On my 2001 Daybreak the third switch is a ceiling light in the front. It may be turned off at the light. Battery switch is below the 3 switch panel. Turn on the ceiling lights and try the switch.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:03 PM   #5

switches

thank you all for the input. I realize now that it is probably the battery disconnect. When I first got the coach the disconnect solenoid was bad and I installed a manual battery disconnect in the battery compartment. I'm so used to it that I've never bothered to replace the solenoid. I turn the switch on when I get to the rv and turn it off when I drop it off. Never worry about some stray current loss draining the batteries while in storage. . Alway appreciate the wealth of knowledge on here.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #6

Just in case, the battery disconnect (salesman switch) will be a spring loaded to center switch. It is a momentary on both sides with center off. Also not illuminated on my Damon. May be different on yours.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompen View Post
On my 2001 Daybreak the third switch is a ceiling light in the front. It may be turned off at the light. Battery switch is below the 3 switch panel. Turn on the ceiling lights and try the switch.
That's what mine is for.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:12 PM   #8

switch

Those who said ceiling light were correct. The door switch had never turned it on before since the switch on the light was usually off. I was on the rv today and tried the switch by the door with the light on and it turned it off. Such a simple thing. Thanks to all.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:43 PM   #9

I have a 96 daybreak with 3 switches inside the door. 1 is for the steps, 2 is for the outside light (porch light if you will) and the 3rd is for the light above the drivers area. It's nice when you come into a dark RV, if you leave the light above the drivers area turned on you can use this switch to turn it off and on. Just be careful when dry camping, you have to remember to turn it off when you leave or it will drain your battery.
Don and Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 04:00 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a group of four and a group of 2
The two are on the battery control panel, one is marked USE/Store) Connecte/disconnect) the other one just turns on the voltmeter.

The 4:

Ceiliing lights (3 way with switch in hall)
Compartment lights (Storage compartments)
Porch/Work light (3 position, UP is porch/door handle, and step well. DOWN adds the work light on the other side (Also turns on proch/door)
Step override, (locks steps out if Ignition off).