Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #1

Thor Challenger 2013 37KT Pros or Cons

Hello, we are thinking of purchasing new from Camping World the 37KT, would like to hear from you folks with history of the coach. You have the experience and I would like hear about it before we purchase. We sure like the floor plan and the Ford Chassis.
Thanks
Ralph
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2013, 02:46 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Here is a link to a bunch of past threads on the 37kt. Best of luck.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Thor+...earch=irv2.com

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi and welcome! We have a 2011 Challenger 3710, and although it is a different floorplan, the chassis is the same. We are VERY satisfied with the Challenger and would recommend the coach without reservation. As a matter of fact, after we purchased ours in 2011, a neighbor purchased the exact same model the following week.

We, too, purchased our coach from Camping World in Indiana, and it was less than a positive experience. I would be happy to relate our issues if you would like a private e-mail, so that I don't rehash the problems with CW. I would seriously recommend that from whomever you purchase the coach, make certain that you check them out as far as service, ie; knowledge of the make and model, efficiency, etc. As with ANY moto home or any RV for that matter, you will have problems that rear their ugly head from time to time, and owners often are at the mercy of the selling dealer for timely and efficient repairs.

Good luck with your future purchase let us know how the transaction goes.

Bronk
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #4

Thank you for reply! Of course before the sale everything is great, we are still looking and considering other floor plans! DW sure likes the 37KT !! The boss has spoken, and I like the Ford chassis! Thought I wanted a DP but changed my mind. Need to sale the S&B that would help a lot!
Thanks for replies, keep them coming !

Ralph
Old 04-16-2013, 07:13 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Welcome to IRV2. Good luck with your purchase.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ralph - what happened with the '08 Providence 40X. Last I heard you were headed to Mesa Az - had a good PDI on the coach - and looked good. Did my PDI referral guy let us down.

I've been wondering what happened for some time now - and see you're in the market again. Color me
Steve
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:28 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We test drove a 2013 Challenger 37DT yesterday. Loved it and the DW likes the DT over the KT. We currently have a 2003 Damon Challenger 348, but DW wants to get new. The ride is so much better. I was looking at Camping World in Statesville NC and they seemed to give mt a good deal, but I then called Totalvalue RV in Elkhart and I can order a 2014 for about 5k less than CW's 2013. Since we are going to Elkhart this summer, it looks like the 2014 is the way to go. We will make up our mind today.

Bob & Denise
Capt USMC(Ret)
2003 Damon Challenger
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote