Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2014, 08:23 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thor Outlaw - Newbie Issues

Hey folks:

I'll get around to an intro post soon.

We've had a 2013 Outlaw for just under a year. Love it! We have 4 boys and 4 dogs, so we take full advantage of every sq ft.

Still under warranty for 1 more week, so thought I'd check with more experienced folks if there are easy fixes for a couple issues on the current trip before we include on the warranty list. This is our first RV, so if some of these sound like dumb questions, it's cuz they are.....

1. Water pump isn't doing anything: Plugged into shore power, light comes on at the panel, pump does nothing. Checked the 12V fuses inside (does anyone have a map for these?), they seem ok.

2. Black tank reads full all the time. ????

3. Power awnings - we extended them, then retracted them, now the switches do nothing. Still doesn't seem to be a fuse issue.

Ideas?
kinderhund is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2014, 08:26 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Good luck finding a solution.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

For more Outlaw owners, come visit and say Hi! here:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f120/i-lo...ml#post2121651

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:23 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderhund View Post
1. Water pump isn't doing anything: Plugged into shore power, light comes on at the panel, pump does nothing. Checked the 12V fuses inside (does anyone have a map for these?), they seem ok.

2. Black tank reads full all the time. ????

3. Power awnings - we extended them, then retracted them, now the switches do nothing. Still doesn't seem to be a fuse issue.

Ideas?
1. The water pump might have a 12volt fuse in line at the pump, my first point to check. But, these pump can fail.

2. Full tank reading when it is empty will usually be dirty contacts. I would start with a good load of ice and a few gallons of water with Dawn detergent (cleans and breaks down oil)...then take a drive to shake/stir the tank. After that, there are many options to clean a black tank on iRV2 and the internet.

3. Sorry, I don't have the power awnings - see the Thread above...and any other Threads about these awnings. They are industry standard.

Still under warranty? - I would call TMC right away for the water pump and awning issue!

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:29 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks Scarab0088,

Turns out it was fuse problems after all. Once I was able to get the fuse map off the Thor website, I found which ones correspond to the pump and the awning. Neither one was blown, but when I replaced them with new ones, everything works. I even swapped one of the old ones into a different spot and it works. Weird.

Tried your trick on the black tank, and that worked wonders! Appreciate the help.

Now I just need the shop to fix the 12 other things on the list, and we're back on the road!
kinderhund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:28 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:27 AM   #7

It seems that the switch for the awning is a problem on many coaches. Everything from bad wire crimps to bad switches. You have to remove it to check. Anyway welcome.
Cobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, thor