Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2014, 11:58 PM   #29

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Fast shoulder wear — Rapid wearing away of one or both tire
shoulders on steer axle position.
The problem shows up as smooth
rapid wear or a scalloped “island
wear” configuration as the tire runs.

the above is my wear for my passenger front tire on the inner tread...they describe it but not what causes it??
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2014, 03:56 PM   #30

Damon Owners Club
How many of us Tuscany owners are going to the IRV2 rally
in Myrtle Beach in September ? We need a good showing, to
offset the Astoria folks. I made my reservation....click the link
to see this beautiful RV resort, dates are Sept 14-20..

Ocean Lakes Family Campground, Myrtle Beach, SC - Oceanfront camping
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #31

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have a deposit and expect to pick up a new 2014 Tuscany 36MQ in the next few weeks. We are very excited about our new motorhome.

They want to sell us some aftermarket products when we go in to close this weekend; there's a scotch guard application for the interior which I don't think we need and then there's a spray application for the outside that he claims will keep the coach clean and not require washing to be shiny. I am skeptical but I thought I would ask you what you think.

Also, they are offering a $1500 5-year tire/wheel warrantee, which again I don't think I will need, would like to get some feedback as well.

Thanks,
Mitch
Musikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:45 PM   #32

Thor Owners Club
Mitch,
When the motorhome's dirty, it'll look dull, there's no guarantee against that. Wash it & it will be as beautiful as the day you picked it up. Search here, you'll find a bunch of ideas on keeping the coach clean & shiny!
Keep the tires to the proper inflation, cover em & you'll be good!
Best of luck & many happy miles in your new coach. You'll love it!
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:53 AM   #33

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks! Makes sense to me!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 11:13 AM   #34

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikboy View Post
We have a deposit and expect to pick up a new 2014 Tuscany 36MQ in the next few weeks. We are very excited about our new motorhome.

They want to sell us some aftermarket products when we go in to close this weekend; there's a scotch guard application for the interior which I don't think we need and then there's a spray application for the outside that he claims will keep the coach clean and not require washing to be shiny. I am skeptical but I thought I would ask you what you think.

Also, they are offering a $1500 5-year tire/wheel warrantee, which again I don't think I will need, would like to get some feedback as well.

Thanks,
Mitch
We bought both packages and as you have already concluded both were a waste of money. I say ... save that money for other upgrades you will make going forward.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:17 AM   #35

Sounds too pricey to me! While I won't disagree with some folks response, we bought an extended warranty on the coach and a tire plan also. A 7 yr extd cost around $7,400.00 while the tire package was 600.00. I figured that with the sort of investment we made it would provide peace of mind. Time will tell if it was a wise investment or not. Enjoy you new coach. We're beginning to enjoy ours snow that the preliminary issues have been addressed. Happy trails from ray & Ruth !
rufusfruge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:16 PM   #36

13' tuscany 42WX here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1397603572.475791.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	678.9 KB
ID:	60667  
lowtiderider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:43 AM   #37

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
lowtiderider, Beautiful MH! We looked at trying to get a tag on our property. We were pushing it with the 40EX so we decided on that.

Thanks to everyone for the advice on the add-ons. After I went back to the dealer and told him what the consensus was, he dropped the price to an unreasonably low amount :-) and I told him I would go with that. So I DID get the Xzilon protection for the motorhome and if it saves me some time washing then I will be happy. On my last coach I had a "black streak" problem and this treatment will make that as easy as a rinse to get rid of.

I haven't taken delivery yet, very excited to get back to Nashville 1st week of May to drive back home in our new coach.

M
Old 04-16-2014, 07:01 AM   #38

Enjoy it, life is very short . Safe travels & hopefully someday our paths will cross.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:53 AM   #39

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowtiderider View Post
Enjoy it, life is very short . Safe travels & hopefully someday our paths will cross.

Lowtiderider, I was reading over your post and noticed you didn't mention slide problems. Did you have slide problems and were they resolved by your dealer?
Old 04-27-2014, 02:50 PM   #40

Never had any slide problems & hope to keep it that way & I have found that dealers are pretty much all useless unless you are buying a coach so I really pray I never need to bring it for build issues. I am amazed that with this many coaches built there are not repair centers that just do repairs. I am not quite sure why we all put up with the mediocre service of dealers.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:44 AM   #41

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I couldn't AGREE with you MORE! Dealers are great when selling a unit. When it comes to Service most of them SUCK! Why we as owners put up with their nonsense is beyond me. If at all possible I only use independent repair facilities for pafts and repairs. Another thing that makes me MADD is the policy of many MH or coach builders of FREFUSING to sell replacement parts to owners directly. Claiming their policy is to only sell parts to established dealers. I needed a wiper / washer switch for my Tuscany. After getting the part number I had 3 different dealers quote me over 350 dollars for a 40 dollar part. ! dealer asked me if I purchased the MH from them. I answered NO. they then told me to take the Mh back to where I bought it. Finally Customer Service Rep at Thor said if I had told them that it was Safety related they would of given me the part. They sent me the part FREE. I appreciate that but it should be policy to sell an owner any part needed without any dealer mark up. Next time I go out to purchase any MH one of my questions is will the factory sell me needed parts direct? If not then I'll not consider any coach they mfg. Safe Travels... ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:51 AM   #42

I have replaced the entry step switch & ceiling light switch twice already. They are very difficult to get.