RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2007, 04:31 PM   #1

Well, spent saturday doing the tire shuffle. Have a new rim and tire, and new tire mounted on an existing rim. Swapped them around with the help of my dad and took many test drives. Same vibration, no change even moving the tires around. Walking back and forth, laying on the floor, head out the windows watching tires, we were able to determine that the source seems to be in the middle of the coach, maybe somewhat forward. I am now leaning towards driveshaft.

We tried disconnecting the ebrake to make sure it wasn't too tight, no change. So, since it's an '07 with 2400 miles a trip to the Ford dealer is in order. Warranty issue. I dread the aggrivation.

Anyone from the central Mass area know a good dealer who handles larger units? Any info would be appreciated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2007, 04:31 PM   #2

Well, spent saturday doing the tire shuffle. Have a new rim and tire, and new tire mounted on an existing rim. Swapped them around with the help of my dad and took many test drives. Same vibration, no change even moving the tires around. Walking back and forth, laying on the floor, head out the windows watching tires, we were able to determine that the source seems to be in the middle of the coach, maybe somewhat forward. I am now leaning towards driveshaft.

We tried disconnecting the ebrake to make sure it wasn't too tight, no change. So, since it's an '07 with 2400 miles a trip to the Ford dealer is in order. Warranty issue. I dread the aggrivation.

Anyone from the central Mass area know a good dealer who handles larger units? Any info would be appreciated.

Old 07-22-2007, 04:47 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have you checked the center u-joints and drive line angles?...

If it is a warranty issue with Ford, the first thing they will try is deny the warranty and claim that the chassis was modified by the coach manufacturer. So it will probably take a cal to Damon with a call back to the dealer and Ford.

Had an E-450 SD and went trough this. It was fixed by Ford, after a couple of phone calls.

Ken
Old 07-24-2007, 01:51 AM   #4

Well, I'm back to tires... Spent a good portion of Monday afternoon rotating more tires around. One of the ones I removed definately made a difference. Still have some of the problem but maybe 75% better. I'm going to borrow my Dad's spare and put that into the mix and eliminate some others...

Those things get pretty **** heavy after a while!!!