Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2010, 01:29 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
was this a bad decision?

Bought a 2009 Challenger did some checking around on Damon and was aware they had been purchased by Thor. I have owned this since Nov 09 since I bought it had to replaced some of the border (was peeling) no big deal Had to bleed brakes 1 brake was not even working due to amount of air in system( Not so much Damon fault more the dealer). Had to replace Leveling pump and motor was leaking fluid out of the motor and dripping in drive way( Lippert motor). This past weekend noticed a spot on the vinyl floor covering appears to be lifting up it is only the vinyl not the floor. All I have done with this coach so far is drive it home from the dealer
gasser 38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Welcome to the "JOY" of owning a "New" coach....

It'll take a while for you to get all the bugs worked out....

Just enjoy!
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:45 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
take it to the dealer to be fixed
if they cant or are hand tied, call damon
even though i have had some stuff on my list, all of which has been repaired.

i have had great success with there customer service number and emails
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:45 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Get your list together and let you dealer get the kinks worked out.

And be aware that Damon no longer answers Customer Service. I called for something on Friday and Four Winds answered the phone. And of course nobody that I had contact information for (namely Tony) is there at Four Winds.
The Woodieboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:11 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
The conversion that you folks are talking about actually took place early in 2009. Damon moved their factory next door to the four Winds factory as opposed to across the river in Elkhart. Cust Service was combined somewhere around May/June 2009. An Aug trip to the plant showed Damon doing it own thing in mfg.

As for being owned by Thor, that took place in 2005 or so when the Ultrasport was replaced by the Astoria, the Tuscany was introduced, etc. Thor has no debt load and owns about 9 or 10 RV mfg.s. Unlike some of the other people who no longer have warranties, we will have them for a long time. A few months ago, even in this economy, Thor was sittiing on soome $330 mill in reserves. A trip to www.thorindustries.com will give you some basicsof the advantages of owning one of the many Thor products.

I just checked the thor 2009 annual report on their web site. they show a profit in 2009 of $17 million. They show a line item of cash & investments assets of $342+million. This is the 29th consecutive profitable year. did you make the right decision buying a Thor/Damon product. You bet your bippy you did.
teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:03 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
After speaking with them the past few days it seems the same great folks who were just Damon are working with the others that Four Winds had and combined them into a division called Thor Motorized Services.

And I again got great service from someone who I got out of the blue answering the phone.

Gasser 38, go through your coach from front to back and get your list together. Then take it to a dealer you trust (we are lucky to have a good one right down the road from us) and work them them and Thor Motorized Serivces (Damon Customer Support) and it will all get corrected.
The Woodieboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:06 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Woodieboys View Post
After speaking with them the past few days it seems the same great folks who were just Damon are working with the others that Four Winds had and combined them into a division called Thor Motorized Services.

And I again got great service from someone who I got out of the blue answering the phone.

Gasser 38, go through your coach from front to back and get your list together. Then take it to a dealer you trust (we are lucky to have a good one right down the road from us) and work them them and Thor Motorized Serivces (Damon Customer Support) and it will all get corrected.

double plus, on the customer service, as we all know the acme a/c folks no longer are around, which makes our dash units.
we just spent two days in a service bay and damon, stepped up to use other vendors without question to get ours up and running again.
patience is key as is a bit of molasses
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides

Old 01-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Powerbtr;
What did you get done to the A/C dash unit? did it get you some heat?
teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher View Post
Powerbtr;
What did you get done to the A/C dash unit? did it get you some heat?
new suction and supply lines
new dryer, new check valve, new orifice valve
new condenser

it all started when the pressure line started leaking
they repaired it, but then it blew out, then they found bits and peices of desiccant and some plastic so they flushed everything and replaced what they couldn't get cleaned
we discovered the condenser coil really needs two fans vice the one, to remove more heat.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:36 PM   #10

Our last coach was a Damon Daybreak and we could not get warranty work at our nearest dealer because we bought it elsewhere. Damon suggested we make a list, which incidentally included 3 floor screws popping and a leveler leaking, and take it to Total Value in Elkhart, as they are close to the factory. Everything was fixed to our complete satisfaction.
Goodturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:08 AM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
My local Camping World (Lakewood, NJ) is an authorized Damon repair facility and I've had fantastic results and service under warranty. I never had to call Damon at all and I bought it from Flagg RV out in RI. Another really good dealership I might add.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:38 PM   #12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bill98116
We bought a 2008 Damon Tuscany and have had our problems getting the "kinks" worked out!!! But I will tell you that the customer service has been excellent, from our dealer, Damon and Freightliner.
Bill98116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:01 AM   #13

Freightliner Owners Club
What kind of problems and did you buy new or used,want to get prepared for any thing.I guess after hearing powerboatr A/C problems I wonder?
Looking for Bears?!
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:25 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm much appreciative of and following Powerboaters and others posts daily to see what I can glean and use for the crew cab heating and cooling issues we have on the 08 Tuscany. I have been in other coaches that are not as cold, or as hot, as our Tuscany has been this fall and winter. My strategy is try to get Damon to up grade the installed system and if that fails then probably install an Aquahot heating system and then find someway to upgrade the ACDN system.

Still loving the Tuscany but could do without these deficiency challenges. Haven't had heater problems since my 49 Studebaker.