Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2008, 10:09 AM   #1

Just purchased our 2007 Damon Challenger 372 about four months ago. In the back bedroom bed slide side in the corner next to the chair we hear a water running noise every time you use the sinks toilet or shower. Can be annoying when you get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, it is loud enough to wake you up. I know that is were the outside water hookup is, but don't think it should be making that much noise. Anyone else notice that noise?? Taking it in to have some minor problems fixed first week of March I am going to see what the service tech thinks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2008, 10:09 AM   #2

Just purchased our 2007 Damon Challenger 372 about four months ago. In the back bedroom bed slide side in the corner next to the chair we hear a water running noise every time you use the sinks toilet or shower. Can be annoying when you get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, it is loud enough to wake you up. I know that is were the outside water hookup is, but don't think it should be making that much noise. Anyone else notice that noise?? Taking it in to have some minor problems fixed first week of March I am going to see what the service tech thinks.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:07 PM   #3

look at the base of the wall. There should be a thin angled piece of wood that bridges the gap between the wall and the floor.
Damon runs the water lines under this angled wood, at least that is how they do it in my Daybreak. If you are using the city water connection, you are hearing the water running through the lines as it comes into the coach from the city water connection.

At least that is what I think it is. Check for wet spots as well. If it is not just the water running through the lines, check the fittings to make sure there is not a small leak.

Good Luck, and welcome!
Bill
Old 02-02-2008, 03:50 PM   #4

I think Bill is right. I'm not familiar with that design but I'm wondering if the line is pressing against the wood amplifying the noise.
I have a few of those carpeted angled pieces and have removed all of them. The screws are hidden within the carpet but come right out then back in again with no evidence they have been touched. I would want to remove the piece and run the shower to see exactly what was going on.
Chandler

Wife, Dee
Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote