Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2008, 07:08 AM   #1

Hello All.

I am just curious to find out why everyone choose a Damon Coach over all the others.

Myself, I bought mine because the price was right and i liked the layout. I realize now i should of done more research on the coach and its maker but so be it. I am still happy with my purchase.

Kevin

Ford Chasis
PineKap is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2008, 07:08 AM   #2

Hello All.

I am just curious to find out why everyone choose a Damon Coach over all the others.

Myself, I bought mine because the price was right and i liked the layout. I realize now i should of done more research on the coach and its maker but so be it. I am still happy with my purchase.

Kevin

Ford Chasis
PineKap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 07:10 AM   #3

Yep, that's why we bought ours. Price was good and we LOVE the layout of our Astoria (we really wanted bunkbeds).
Old 08-02-2008, 09:21 AM   #4

We traded up from a 21' Class C (GulfStream). DW and I looked around but chose a Damon Challenger because
1: We liked the 377c floor plan with room divider and 32" HDTV main TV.
2: We wanted a dining table rather than a booth.
3: We wanted two couches.
4: We wanted separate wardrobes.
5: We wanted a large walk thru bathroom.
6. We wanted generous outside basement storage.
7. We wanted dual pane windows with day/night shades.
8. We wanted Ford gas chassis with automatic leveling jacks.
9: We were impressed with the Damon's quality over the Gulfstream.
10: We wanted a unit we could spend extended stays (three to four months) in.

Damon had it all, it fit into our 30' X 50' pole barn and the price was right...

2007 Toyota Yaris TOAD
Admiral0647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:44 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Shellback1
I bought the Daybreak my first MH because of what it had for the price. Others have a lot of frills that I can add to the Daybreak for 1/10 of the price. I like the Ford and the layout of the coach. In particular I really like the thru storage. I'm very happy with it, and have had minimal problems in the last 2 years and drove from NH to San Diego, CA twice.
Shellback1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:11 PM   #6

When I had a boat I named her "Impulse" as I bought it on my lunch hour. Found a dealer, looked around and said I'll take that one. Kind of the same deal on my Challenger. I was all set to get a fiver and I saw an ad in the paper for this used one year old motor home, Picked it up the next morning. In retrospect I would rather have a Prevost but I can afford this and I am satisfied. I have added a lot to the unit to improve the ride and handling plus a lot of toys and it is very comfortable now.Big factor was I could afford to pay cash.
ear-doc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:27 PM   #7
doc

Appalachian Campers
Best value for the money I figured.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 03:50 PM   #8

Pretty much all of the above...
Old 08-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #9

We were looking for a class A coach around 36 feet. I looked at a few Holiday Ramblers, a Southwind, a Coachmen Aurora, and Fleetwood Bounder. I found the Damon, sitting in a yard, with a for sale sign on it. I stopped and looked at it but the price was steep. It was just a year old with 8000 miles on it. The gentleman selling it told me that they had bought it and right after, he was diagnosed with cancer. The decided to take a trip around the country then work on his cancer. Well, he was terminal and he decided to sell the coach. I waited all summer and watched the price drop. It finally got down to $50,000 so I stopped and really looked at it. I was very impressed with the quality compared to what I had seen. I told him that I would buy it after an inspection and after we agreed, I spent 8 hours tearing it apart. I found nothing wrong and after a nice long test drive, bought it. He was happy, as he didn't want to saddle his wife with the payments. The rest, as they say, is history. We've put 20,000 trouble free miles on it and I am thrilled with my decision. It has everything I was looking for except dual pane windows but that's not a big deal.
I had just sold my 36 foot boat and paid cash for the Challenger so I have a very low cost-to-fun ratio. I'll probably never be able to afford another coach so this one has to last. I am very anal on my maintenance and spend a lot of time keep it looking like new. Of course, I do lust over the Tuscany with it's two recliners and that wonderful layout..oh well, maybe some day.

Wife, Dee
Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 03:28 AM   #10

After many months of searching, our Challenger 377 was everything we had been looking for.
1. Three slides
2. opposing sofas
3. TV not above drivers head
4. free standing dinette
Plus the price was right.
Quality has been what we are use to seeing in RVs. No such thing as a fault free RV.
My only complaint is the outside storage bays don't come out with the slides like on some others. I have smacked my melon a few times getting things out. A side from that it is the one that made momma happy.

2008 Damon Challenger 377 Platinum Ed.
Bill & Luz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 03:50 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Bought mine used. It's older, paid for, remodeled (by ourselves), good engine, good mpg, low miles, and above all FITS IN MY garage with the big door. It sleeps TWO(with 3 grand kids once in awhile) and I don't have a lot fancy doo-gadgets that break!!

cheers

Callsign: KD8W
hamdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:52 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
We went to get a "FREE" camera at a dealer near our daughter's home during a Damon Days Sale.

Liked the layout and price. This was in 06 and it was an 07 Last day of the sale and the store was closing. It had sold sign in the window. When we asked the salesman about it he told us that a guy had a deposit on it, but never came back to seal the deal.

Sold it to us instead. A week later we still felt these things just don't happen to us and went to their local store to us which had Damon Days a week later asked which one were they selling that was listed in the brochure and they pointed to an 06.

The "FREE" camera is still in the box unused but we use our Damon a lot.
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:33 AM   #13

2007 challenger 372

1. wife loved the layout
2. price
3. Thor family
Leonsrocketcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:44 PM   #14

Damon Owners Club
We bought ours for several reasons.

1. We had a lemon 36' Windsport that was in the shop 75% of the time we owned it. We decided to dump it quick after the last 5 week 'repair'

2. I started doing research on the coaches specifically looking at Thor (we had a CrossRoads 5er that was awesome) products. I do not like the big box builders.

3. We wanted several items in the new coach:

a. Rear mounted TV
b. Pusher
c. Auto leveling system
d. Side mounted cameras
e. Separate bathroom (no walk through)
f. Table and Chairs (I'm 6'3" and booths don't work)

4. When we went to look at several different brands we walked into our Tuscany 4055 and fell in love. We also liked a Phaeton 40QHD but the $60k price difference made the decision pretty easy. And we loved the Tuscany floor plan much more.

We have laid full tile in the two small spots in front of the sofas (about $300 total). And we have driven the Tuscany all over the place and move it even more.

We just got back from our trip to Niagara Falls and love the coach even more. We still have not seen a better built coach for the money out there. And no one else can touch the floor plan.

Bottom line is the floor plan got us real interested and the price made the deal.

And having a good dealer you like and is very good to you doesn't hurt either...
The Woodieboys is offline   Reply With Quote