RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2019, 10:13 AM   #1

Wiring diagram for Damon challenger p30

I have a new to me , 1990 Damon RV have 3 12 volt batteries in the front two of which are connected . I can't find a wiring diagram anywhere for this thing ! (Also I've never posted any Forum anywhere , so if I'm breaking etiquette ? Please forgive me and let me know ? )
Can anyone provide me with a complete wiring schematics for this vehicle ?

Thank you, in advance for your help !

Ezt714. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2019, 10:01 PM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.

To me your post is fine .

Questions .
Are there any systems in the coach or chassis that are not functioning ?

I ask , because the battery that's not connected could just be a second coach battery , that requires proper connections to the other coach battery to increase the power available for operating the interior 12 volt items in the coach when not using shore power.

Information on multiple battery hook ups ; both 6 and 12 volt are covered at this site below.

The 12volt Side of Life (Part 1)

But I'd want to have the battery tested before wiring it into the coach , there could be a good reason why it isn't hooked up.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:03 AM   #3

Thank you skip426

Skip426 ,
Thank you very much and I suspect that you are right ! Because everything seems to be working . So it probably is just an extra battery. However I really would like to have complete wiring schematic as this is my first Motorhome and there are things that I would like to to do in addition to just having a good working knowledge of my vehicle .
However since I joined and made this thread (or post ? I'm not really sure which it is supposed to be called ) I have a good friend who has a 1997 Pace Arrow by Fleetwood with the same 454 and p30 chassis . And a lot of his wiring around the starter were completely melted together & the previous owner basically just tape them & then for some CRAZY reason wraped 'em w/aluminum foil then taped them again ! (& on &on) . Until he finally made huge balls of hard melted PLASTIC and foil with some wiring running thru it ! So there were about 10 wires that I had to figure out where they went and then rewired t for him . But it was very difficult and overly complicated because they gotten so hot they changed colors until you got way back in the harness . So I would also like to have a wiring diagram for his to check my work . Also for him for future reference.
Skip426 regardless of whether you can help me with the wiring diagrams for our motorhomes or not ? I very much appreciate your response ! And thank you for confirming my thoughts on the 3- 12 volt batteries in mine .

Ezt714.
Ezt714. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:56 AM   #4

I'm thinking that unless a member managed to pry the diagrams out of the coach manufacturer when the RV was new , you may be stuck making your own; schematics and diagrams; for the coach side of your RV.

I'll post this link , but I don't think it covers chassis produced , before Workhorse took over chassis production from Chevy on the P 30.
But the oldest diagrams listed may be of some help.

http://workhorse.navistar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=574

Tags
wiring, wiring diagram, damon, p30