Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
2012 Challenger DT

We are now looking at the 2012 Challenger DT. We were looking to go DP but are rethinking that due to cost and amount we would be on the Road. We have read that the DP does not do well it it sits for sometime. Also the up keep is an issue. We have found 2 2012's one in Texas and one in Arizona that are both new. The price between the 2 is about 15,084 more for one then the other. I have asked the one dealer for the MSRP so i can see why the higher Cost. We would like to buy in Arizona due to service and the distance we would have to drive to trade our motorhome in to the Dealer in Texas. We have found that if you don't buy from the local Dealer they do not want to work on your MH. Does anyone have this Challenger DT and can you tell me how you like it and if there are any issues to know or look out for. Thanks
Tractor16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2013, 02:05 AM   #2

This is an old post, but I'll still put in my 2 cents.

I own the Challenger 37DT and really love it. I've had it for a 5 months now and have traveled three times in it: DFW(Texas) to Miami(FL). Then Miami to West Palm and back. I tow a 2 door wranger and it seems to pull fine. No issues yet besides the bedroom A/C started peeing inside because the drain line got clogged. it was a simple fix of cleaning out the whole and enlarging it a little with a pocket knife.

If I can help with anything else please feel free to ask.
TxSkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #3

Just a question.

How much does AZ hammer for annual tax on your RV?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxSkye View Post
This is an old post, but I'll still put in my 2 cents.

I own the Challenger 37DT and really love it. I've had it for a 5 months now and have traveled three times in it: DFW(Texas) to Miami(FL). Then Miami to West Palm and back. I tow a 2 door wranger and it seems to pull fine. No issues yet besides the bedroom A/C started peeing inside because the drain line got clogged. it was a simple fix of cleaning out the whole and enlarging it a little with a pocket knife.

If I can help with anything else please feel free to ask.
Thanks for your Response TxSkye,

We drove the Challenger and liked it but the Dealer did not want to lower the Price so in the End we bought a Tiffin Allegro Open Road from Lazydays in Tucson. It is a 2012 and used but only had 4600 miles and we got a good Deal. Lazydays is a class act and we are happy with our choice. Hope to see you down the road sometime. We are heading to Quartzsites on Wednesday the 16th to camp with a group of Tiffin Owners. There are suppose to be about 50 Tiffin rigs in our group.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Just a question.

How much does AZ hammer for annual tax on your RV?
CampDaven, We use to live and Work in California and it would have been between 1500 and 1700. We are now retired and live in Arizona and The Tiffin was around 1200.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor16 View Post

CampDaven, We use to live and Work in California and it would have been between 1500 and 1700. We are now retired and live in Arizona and The Tiffin was around 1200.
Wow! My official address is in PA. $81.
But they get ya one way or tuther
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #7

We bought our 2012 Challenger 37DT last year on Memorial Day at Giant RV in Murietta, CA. After a long day of test drives, sale insentives and haggling, we got ours for $103,000 + tax and license. We felt pretty good about it and the dealership has been good to us. We love the ride and power. We only average 8-9 mpg, but what do you expect for such a big rig. We've been to the Grand Canyon, Park Moabi Colorado River, Newport Dunes, Lompoc/Santa Maria, dry camping in the Joshua Tree desert, Buena Park for Knott's Berry Farm New Years Eve and my son and I stayed in it for football camp at Chaffey College. During my dry camping experiences I found that the batteries do a great job and the outlets next to the passenger front seat and at the entry cabinet work off the inverter so you can charge your cell phone at night. Just some little minor issues, but overall completely satisfied. This summer we plan to travel up the Pacific Coast Hwy past San Fransisco, cut up to Shasta Lake, then travel back south through California gold country. Should be fun. I'm going to buy a vehicle tow dolly so I can pull my toad this summer, 2011 Nissan Murano. We'll see how that goes. I plan on retiring in about 4-5 years and the wife and I have traveling in mind. Hope everyone who has this rig is enjoying it as much as we are.
opcop is offline   Reply With Quote